Dormer Window

• December 20, 2017 at 9:31 am #164484
      Cris
      Participant

I’m having real trouble getting a dormer window in.

I’ve followed the Gold training course booklet and it still isn’t working. The window goes in but it doesn’t cut out the ceiling. My wall is 300 deep, the pitched ceiling is in, and I’ve also tried a variety of different style of windows but nothing works.

Any advice of what I might be doing wrong?

Screen shot attached to show what it keeps doing on my attempts.

Attachments:
    • December 21, 2017 at 4:19 am #164658
      Racheal Haddon
      2020 Expert

Hi Cris,

I cannot see any cause for this issue based on your description – the depth of the wall should not make any difference, nor the window style. Are you using a ceiling wedge item or the Sloped Ceiling tool (the ceiling wedge will not cut around a window)? Also you could try entering the window in Elevation View.

If you would like further assistance could you please contact the helpdesk on 01233 635566 or via fusionsupport@2020spaces.com so that we can investigate this with you?

Kindest regards,
      Racheal Haddon
      Customer Service Agent

• January 8, 2018 at 3:39 am #165278
      Richie
      Pilot Pro

Hi,

Are you trying to put a normal window in the wall o a velux in the ceiling?

If you want a window in the ceiling, you have to use a velux.  if you go into elevation view, drag and drop the velux, hold the control key down and it will let you position the window and give you your cut out.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.