Editing multiple cabinets all at once?

• February 20, 2017 at 10:49 pm #120470
      Alexis Solomon
      Participant

I want to edit like-properties of multiple cabinets at the same time.  For instance, the door front colour, pulls, etc.  When I select multiple cabs it only lets me change the box colour.  Any suggestions?

Also (since I’m a newbie!) how do you get your plans and elevations over to a printable/savable PDF – WITH DIMENSIONS??

• February 20, 2017 at 11:14 pm #120471

To change the properties of ALL the cabinets you right click on a blank portion of the drawing area and choose ‘Global Attributes’. From here, the Textures tab allows you to change colours and the Style tab allows you to change handles, door styles etc.

For printing with dimensions, download and install one of the free PDF ‘printers’ such as PrimoPDF. You then click the print option, tick the Selection box and then click on the 3 dots slightly to the right and pick the plan (All) and Elevations (E1, E2 etc) that you want.

Note that I prefer to have the plan first then the elevation so I create this in 2 stages. Firstly I only print to pdf the plan then I repeat the process for the elevations BUT when PrimoPDF asks me to Overwrite/Append, I choose the Append option.

• February 21, 2017 at 12:12 am #120474
      Alexis Solomon
      Participant

Thanks!  You are my hero (although your profile pic scares the bejeezus out of me!).

• February 21, 2017 at 12:24 am #120477
      Alexis Solomon
      Participant

Hmmmm…that actually didn’t work for the cabinet colour.  I changed all the properties to the one I wanted but the cabinets didn’t actually change colour. Do I have to have all the cabinets selected before I click Global Attributes?

• February 21, 2017 at 12:50 am #120480

If you have multiple catalogues showing in Global Attributes, make sure you select the one that the cabinets are in before changing colours. If it still doesn’t work then there is the possibility that the catalogue is ‘faulty’ or locked down.

I get the former situation frequently as my designers can sometimes have items in a design from 4 or more catalogues. In the attached pic, the cabinets are in the KIT2017B_2 catalogue.

Attachments:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.