Elements not appearing in elevations?

• June 25, 2020 at 9:40 am #287362
      Faigy Lesin
      Participant

I seem to be having this issue only with architectural elements sometimes; where the element will be on my floor plan but won’t show up in my elevations. (Windows, doors, etc)

This is frustrating because I need to be able to see where the element will be, and show dimensions relative to other items in the elevation.

Any solutions?

• June 25, 2020 at 11:49 am #287428
      Customer Success
      Participant

Hi Faigy,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I have been testing this out and it does appear to be a bug.

What the issue is, is that if you are using a single sided wall and add a door or window but place it to open on the outside of the wall, it will not appear in the elevation. IF you place the door or window to open on the interior of the wall, then it will appear in the elevation.

A workaround for this issue would be to create a double sided wall wherever you need doors and windows. Having a double sided wall will show the door and window regardless which direction they are placed. See the attached image as reference.

Regards,

Kris

• June 25, 2020 at 3:29 pm #287537
        Faigy Lesin
        Participant

Thank you

See attached screenshot – seems like the windows are facing the correct side of the wall, and they are also showing in my renderings as being on the correct side.

In addition, when I created this file, the windows were showing on the elevation just fine – it’s just after working with the file for a bit that it stops showing up; not sure why.

• June 29, 2020 at 4:58 pm #287752
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Faigy,

If the issue is only presented later on in the files life, it is possible that the issue could be related directly to the windows or the wall that the windows are placed on.

Try replacing the existing windows you have in the file with new ones to see if that corrects the issue. If it does not, then try replacing the wall that the windows are placed on. If this doesn’t solve the issue then I would recommend to contact our Support Department at 1.866.697.2020.

Regards,

Kris

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.