Elevation mode view of cabinets/moulding

• September 14, 2017 at 2:58 pm #148134
      Don Hill
      Participant

For some reason, when “show in 3D” is not marked in preferences, the sides of my refrigerator cabinet with 2 attached panels will not show.  Also, there is moulding on top of the cabinet and it does not show (in 3D mode or not).  Top moulding shows in other files but not this one.  It shows on my floor elevation and renderings.  It is marked to show in the display settings for the elevation.  When “show in 3D” is checked, the elevations load slower and glitchy like… it’s irritating so I don’t like to leave it on if I don’t have to. Surely there is a logical explanation for this.  Know what it is?

• September 15, 2017 at 10:17 am #148367
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Don,

If the top moulding shows in other designs but not in this one it is likely an issue with that specific file.  First thing to try is a copy paste of the design to a new file.  If that does not resolve the issue you might need to redraw.

If the elevations load slowly with 3d shapes turned on it is usually related to your video card.  Make sure that you have a dedicated video card as opposed to an integrated chipset and that the drivers for your card are up to date.  If you have a laptop make sure to go into the control panel for your video card and set it to always use the dedicated card rather than letting the computer or the software select whether to use the card, the CPU or the chipset.

Neil

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.