Elevation Printing Issue

• August 16, 2018 at 4:31 pm #200155
      Beth Roush
      Participant

We have a designer here who is having issues (once in awhile) when she goes to print her elevations.  The program will lock up on her.  I have opened the same design and had no troubles with printing (using PDF Creator).  We have the same exact system and are using the same exact settings.  Would there be anything that would cause this to happen?

• August 16, 2018 at 7:22 pm #200157

First thing is to try a 2020 registry reset. After this then I suggest re-installing.

Unless your systems have been created from the same centralised image by your IT dept, it is unlikely they are 100% identical – differences seem to creep in no matter what. It could be as small as a slight difference in graphics card firmware where one of you has updated drivers and the other hasn’t.

• August 17, 2018 at 8:29 am #200219
      Beth Roush
      Participant

Our IT department has set up our systems to be very similar.  They have done the 2020 registry reset and reinstalled.  It is strange because it only happens once it awhile, but one day it happened on every design she was working on.  Her drivers are updated as well.  Any other suggestions?

• August 22, 2018 at 5:39 pm #201155
      Robert Cole
      Participant

Based on the fact that it only happens every now and then, I would guess its a system resource issue, maybe something running in the background somewhere.  I would try closing everything, reboot, only open 2020 then try.  If that doesn’t work try reinstalling your PDF printer, assuming thats where you are trying to print to.

I have had a lot of issues trying to print over the years and everytime I want to crush the computer into tiny pieces.  Here are some other problems and solutions I have had:

-named elevations. If you rename you elevations and it has too many characters or special characters such as dashes or !# it causes errors

-file names with special characters, causes all sorts of weird problems they can’t explain.

-printer drivers and nvidia graphics drivers being too up to date.  Have to roll back to older versions until 2020 catches up.

When all else fails call technical support (assuming you pay the maintenance fees)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags