EO HEIGHT & DEPTH OFFSETS

• August 20, 2021 at 3:34 pm #343388
      Lara Fitzpatrick
      Participant

Hello,

I am looking for some guidance on EO heights and offsets for top & bottom moldings.  I’ve called tech support, live chatted, & hunted extensively through the 2020 design live help options without success.  During my 101 & 102 training we touched on the offsets and know someone knows something! Help out there please.

L

• August 24, 2021 at 4:26 pm #343748
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Lara,

The EO Height Offset and EO Depth Offset is very useful when making stacked molding. The height and depth offset determine where the second molding will be placed on the first molding.

For Example :

I’ve used the 96T.MLDG-2 molding from Sample_F. When going to the Attributes > Variables of the item, you will notice that the EO height offset is set at 2.5 inches. This means that the second molding will sit directly on top of the 96t.mldg-2. If you were to increase the eo height offset to 3 inches, then the second molding will be floating 0.5 inches above the first molding. See attached Image.

The EO depth offset is the depth at which the second molding will sit on the first. If you set the the 96t.mldg-2 with a eo depth offset of 5 inches then the molding you place on top of the 96t will be 5 inches away from the edge of the wall unit. *If you do this but you are not getting the correct dimension on the floor plan, it is because the molding you placed on the 96t has a ‘Molding Depth Back’.

For Example, I have placed a 96.crown on the 96t molding. As you can see from the image I have attached, we only have 4″ instead of 5″ as I had set. If I want to see the correct dimension, then I need to go into the variables of the second molding and set the ‘Molding Back Depth’ to 0″ to have the correct dimension appear.

Thank you for bringing this up by the way, we will also be making an article to show all of this!

Regards!

Kris

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.