Error # 11725

• May 24, 2017 at 5:52 pm #131402
      Dean Klassen
      Participant

“The file is empty or corrupted. Please select another file.” – says the same thing when I try to open the .bak file.  Using Windows 7, V 10.5.  Can anything be done to recover this file? I spent a long time working on it and for it to suddenly be corrupt is aggravating to say the least.

• May 24, 2017 at 8:56 pm #131403

I’ve never been able to recover a file from this message.

I know it’s no help now but I’ve got into the habit of saving the file frequently but adding an 01, 02, 03 etc to the end every time I get through about 15 minutes of revisions.

• June 13, 2017 at 10:51 am #134539
      Dawn
      Participant

Dean, I’m not certain of the exact error number, but 20-20 design files almost always corrupt if you name the design using a period. This will usually drop the ‘.kit’ file extension and then 20-20 doesn’t know how to save or open the file.

• June 14, 2017 at 4:14 pm #134931
      Chris Blackman
      Participant

I have my auto-save set to 5 minutes. I am not sure if this will help you in the future, but if Design tells you there is an error with the design but does NOT crash. Select everything in the design (Control-A) then copy it (Control-C).

Go to File Menu and create a new design then Paste (Control-V) the design there and save it under a new name.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.