Error – Module T_EVENT_ATTACH

• May 8, 2019 at 4:45 pm #236756
      Danielle Barnes
      Participant

Hello. I could really use some help. We have so far lost 16 work hours due to this error. Our designer has redone this project 3 times now and it keeps ending up with a file that we cant open. We have talked to tech support; so far they have updated our software, a few system parameters, and applied a hot fix.

Whats happening is although we save almost every 5mins just to be safe the saved file shows an error. This is the error we are getting when trying to load the saved file…

“An error has occurred while reading your file in the module T_EVENT_ATTACH”

Anyone seen this before and found the issue/fixed it?

• May 8, 2019 at 5:03 pm #236779
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Danielle,

T_Event_Attach is an issue where something has happened to an item in the design.  If the issue has occurred multiple times the issue is most likely with a specific item in the plan.  Look for something unusual in the design like a hood or an unusual cabinet or cabinet addon.  That is most likely the culprit.

Saving the design frequently when you are having issues with the software is a good idea but when you do so make sure that you aren’t just clicking the save icon and continuing.  Then you are just resaving the issue back into your file.  The best way to save is either to use the incremental save feature or, my prefered method, to just have several copies of the design and then rotate through them as you save.  For example the first time you save the file (right after you draw the walls) name it Kitchen.  Once the base cabinets are in do a save as and name the file Kitchen1.  Put in the uppers and save it as Kitchen2.  Countertops and mouldings and now I go back and save it as Kitchen. Etc…

Neil

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.