Exclude a Catalog in quote report

• April 3, 2020 at 3:14 pm #276421
      Jacob Dacey
      Participant

Is it possible to exclude a catalog from the quote report?

For a quick example, I want to be able to use the Wolf/Sub-Zero catalog to have accurate representations of appliances my clients are choosing, but we don’t sell appliances.  I’d want that left completely off of the quote, but I can’t find a way to exclude it.

Same thing happens with Sensio lighting and the lighting wizard.  It’s a great function and I don’t mind having the option of creating a list for customers to buy from, but we don’t sell lighting so I don’t want that on my quote…

I feel like this is certainly possible; items from catalogs like the 2020 ROOM_TOP catalog never populate onto the quote, for instance but I can’t figure out how to exclude those catalogs from the quote report.

• April 3, 2020 at 4:57 pm #276579
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Jacob,

The reason why the ROOM_TOP catalog will not appear in the quote is because by default the program will not show you 0$ items. All of the countetops from this particular catalog are priced at 0$.

If you see an item listed in the quote, it is because it has a price. Some items can have their prices put to zero manually by going into its Attributes > Variables. IF in the variables section you see “Price” then you can set the items price to 0$ manually and not have it appear in the quote. However, I have tested with Sub Zero Wolf catalog and some of their items are missing the “Price” option in the Variables section.. meaning that the manufacturer has locked in its price and it cannot be modifier or altered.

I hope this helped to shed some light on this 🙂

Kris

• April 4, 2020 at 11:45 pm #276587
      Ken Watkins
      Participant

Go to the Item List view.

Right click on the view screen and select Display Settings

Select the “Filter” tab

There you can include or exclude items based on catalog, type and other various operators.  You can Exclude the Wolf catalog there or you can Include only the catalogs you want to see. You might want to play with it a little to see what is affected by each of the “types” and how the different operators work. You may need to do several inclusions lines to get all the parts you want to see on the report.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags