Export to FBX or DXF with correct materials mapping

• November 4, 2019 at 8:45 am #258463
      Andrew Urbanovich
      Participant

Hi! I’m trying to export projects from 2020 Design to FBX or DXF formats and encountered some issues with material mapping inside object, seem’s like exported model have only two material for mapping (Material0 – fills walls and NoName – fills items). And model itself not prepared for mapping textures because of lack UV Unwrapping.

Is there some kind of workaround for this problems? Or maybe I didn’t do something inside 2020 Design to make it work right?

Thanks and Best Regards, Andrew.

• November 6, 2019 at 2:13 pm #258992
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Andrew,

Our AutoCAD export system does not support textures.

Kris

• November 7, 2019 at 2:23 pm #259072
      Andrew Urbanovich
      Participant

Hi Kris
      Thanks for response.
      Is it something that in near TODO plan, or there is no hope for this feature any time soon?
      I try to combine 2020 and Unity engine (to show designs in android app for ex.) maybe there is some other way to get models for this? any other format can be used for this?

Andrew

• November 7, 2019 at 6:10 pm #259123
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Andrew,

I haven’t heard about anything like this being in the works. It is a very interesting request and I would be happy to bring this to the project managers attention for consideration. Thank you for these ideas and we hope you keep them coming!

Kris

• November 7, 2019 at 6:15 pm #259124

Hi Andrew,

I looked at doing the Unity thing a while ago but ran out of time. 2020 can also export in Collada format – no idea if it seperates layers better than the DXF export but worth asking. You need an update to the license to export Collada but 2020 gave me a 30 day trial when I asked.

Here is a link to some Collada exports I did of actual 2020 designs:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dnnk5rciuh9whxk/AACXidal734Zej_r59UUDHC-a?dl=0

Kris, it would be great if the exports from Design were improved. Layers would be especially helpful – the doors could be on one layer, carcases on another, benchtops and so on. Programmatically, this isn’t difficult.

• November 8, 2019 at 3:41 am #259130
      Andrew Urbanovich
      Participant

Hi Mike! Your collada exports is actually what I was looking for, thanks!

You need an update to the license to export Collada but 2020 gave me a 30 day trial when I asked.

What kind of license do I need to have Collada export option?

• November 10, 2019 at 9:25 pm #259171

Hope it helps Andrew – please keep me updated on how it goes as it seemed like a good option for 3D walkthroughs etc. I also recommend joining the Facebook forum as many there would be interested in your experience as well.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2020PUG/

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.