Exporting and keeping dimensions

• January 30, 2019 at 1:40 pm #225578
      Kalin McGahey
      Participant

Having trouble getting to print with legible dimensions, tried changing all the ratios and still too small to read. How can I make them readable while saving the file as a pdf or even exporting it?

thanks,

kalin

• January 30, 2019 at 3:11 pm #225581
      Ken Watkins
      Participant

Right Click on the Elevation or Layout Window  (see Capture0.jpg)

Select Display Settings

Select Font on the Dimensions Tab  (see Capture1.jpg) You can also change the line color here.

Change the Font Size (and style if you want).  If you are printing at aprox 1/2″ scale,  10 or 12 should work  (see Capture2.jpg)

• January 30, 2019 at 3:45 pm #225624
      Kalin McGahey
      Participant

Is there anyway to keep dimensions after exporting?

• January 30, 2019 at 4:44 pm #225626
      Ken Watkins
      Participant

I don’t know about exporting. I usually save as bmp or jpg, edit in paint if needed, and insert that into a word doc. Saving to bmp or jpg is essentially just taking a snapshot of what’s on the screen so if the dimensions are showing there, they will -probably- show up in the picture.  If you are exporting to AutoCAD, I would consider dimensioning there instead.

• January 30, 2019 at 6:36 pm #225679

At the moment, there appears to be no way to add the dimensions to the export so yes, the only way is to dimension it in the CAD program. I’m going to post a request for this in the Wishlist thread as it would be very useful.

• January 31, 2019 at 12:23 pm #225721
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Kalin,

Anything you print to a pdf should show as it shows in the print preview.  For exports to autocad (dwg files) I’m pretty sure you will need to make the adjustments in the importing software.

Neil

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.