EZ Render Printing Speeds

• October 20, 2020 at 11:16 am #301892
      Tori Sitton
      Participant

While EZ render is noticeably faster in rendering times- I am finding that printing renderings to PDF are taking me 5-10  minutes per print in comparison to the 30 second tops speeds previously.

Is this something that others are experiencing? Is there a fix that maybe I am unaware of?

• October 21, 2020 at 12:22 pm #302491
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Tori,

Thank you for the feedback. We will validate whether or not this is an issue with the EZ Render(BETA) or not. Of course I will keep you posted here once we can confirm this.

Regards,

Kris

• October 31, 2020 at 6:18 pm #303886
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Hi Tori,

As a temporary fix, I would suggest just screen-capping the render.  I must admit, I never print renders through the 2020 software.  I find it quite frustrating, and the “frame” around the render chews up so much of the sheet of paper, the image ends up being smaller than I prefer.  I open my screencap in Paint and add whatever text and logo I want.  My colleague uses Office.  Whatever program you like.

That way it’s a jpg and it should print faster.

Ariana

• November 2, 2020 at 11:05 am #303953
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Tori,

We have validated that this is an issue with the EZ Render and have confirmed that it is a bug. We will work on correcting this as an issue.

Thank you,

Kris

• November 2, 2020 at 6:36 pm #304011

Ariana’s suggestion is a good one. In older versions of 2020, the Drawing Template was always problematical so I ended up with some nice Word Templates with all the boxes, text and logos drawn and I would just drop images/screencaps into the template.

You had full control over scaling etc so no wasted space.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.