EZ RENDER

• February 5, 2021 at 4:14 pm #315678
      mike ISIK
      Participant

I got the new version of 2020 which is Version 12.3.14.47

When I see the advertisement it was saying 2020 has a cloud rendering that makes the render but it looks like they just changed the render engine. It still uses my computer hardware when you open Task manager you see the difference of GPU and usage of Ram.

This made me sad 🙁

getting extra money to cover the cost of new rendering engine!

Attachments:
    • February 8, 2021 at 1:16 pm #315790
      jacky kreijkamp
      Participant

Never seen. Renders still done local with old and new engine. Maybe the 360 panoramic renders are done in the cloud.

• February 8, 2021 at 6:39 pm #315875
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Mike,

In newer versions of 12 (12.2-12.3) the EZ Render has been added as a new engine, however all rendering is done locally on the computer. I’ve never seen an advertisement by us saying that we render on the cloud but if you come across this ad again, please share it here!

Regards,

Kris

• February 9, 2021 at 7:46 pm #316126

I know that at one point, Redway (who supplied the original rendering engine for 2020 Design) were looking at the possibility of ‘cloud rendering’ via a render farm but this seems to have disappeared from their site.

To be honest, modern graphics processors are now so fast that a relatively static render such as a kitchen, should be photographically rendered locally in a few seconds. A cloud version would require the transmission and reception of enough data that it would probably take a lot longer given current Internet speeds.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags