Few Issues- Want to know if I’m alone with this

• August 11, 2020 at 4:00 pm #293001
      Erik Tornquist
      Participant

Hey-o!
      First issue: Rendering window. With “Refresh Rendering on Idle”, I’m guessing there seems to be a bug. Unchecking it, the window won’t render no matter what i do and stays on “Hidden Line”, but when I click on the Work Area the drawing renders. Go back to window to save the Rendering Image, the window goes right back to Hidden Line. It only works correcting with “Refresh Rendering on Idle” is checked. My guess is thats not supposed to happen? I’ve had that unchecked on previous versions and that’s not what it did.

Second issue: 2020 has been randomly shutting down, most of the time when I wake the computer back up from Sleep. I’ll have the program up and running, leave for a while, computer goes to sleep, come back, move the mouse, comp starts up, 2020 says “Save changes to (whatever)”, then shuts down and logs me out. Open it back up, have to re-enter my password- I never have to log back in whenever I shut it down manually. All of this seems to be new over the last month or so.

• August 12, 2020 at 11:49 am #293077
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Erik,

For the first issue you are encountering. I’ve tested turning off the “Refresh rendering on idle” and on my side, the rendering stays in a color render. I’ve also tested turning on “Force hidden lines in real time mode” from within File>Preferences>Rendering Performance and then turning off “Refresh rendering on idle” from the rendering. Doing this will cause the rendering to show in hidden lines because it is being forced to do so.

I would suggest to go File>Preferences>Rendering Performance and make sure to uncheck “Force hidden lines in real time mode”. It should now stay in a color render.

As for the second issue, it is possible that the program is kicking you out because of the fact the computer is being put to sleep. When the computer is sleeping, all its processes pause, they do not continue. Meaning it is very possible the program would shut down.

Regards,

Kris

• August 12, 2020 at 4:54 pm #293191
        Erik Tornquist
        Participant

Hey Kris, Thanks for the reply.

I’ll check out the first issue when I get back on the comp. The second issue started happening yesterday where the app would shut down while I was working on the comp in another app. I thought it was just while the comp was due to the comp in sleep mode, as i said,  but that was never the case when 2020 used to be on my desktop, which would go into a sleep mode occasionally and didn’t close/logout, or even prior to a few months ago when it had already been on my laptop for sometime. This is a newer issue and there weren’t any changes to my comp, except for maybe a Win10 update but I’d imagine more people would have this issue if that was the case? Regardless, I can’t for the life of me figure out why it’s shutting down.

And again, for the rendering thing, I’ll check it out later. I figured there would probably be something in the preferences.
        Thanks again.

• August 12, 2020 at 5:34 pm #293197
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Erik,

If the program is closing on you while you are on the computer and just using another program, I would definitely suggest for you to give us a call at 1.866.697.2020 so an agent can check it out and see whats causing these crashes!

Regards,

• August 13, 2020 at 10:57 am #293317
        Erik Tornquist
        Participant

Thanks Kris. Always appreciate your responding whenever we have issues/questions.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.