General Questions

• February 2, 2018 at 9:46 pm #168475
      Kerstin Cobb
      Participant

Hi all (Neil thanks in advance if you will answer these questions 🙂  )

I am having the following questions and wondered if anybody could help me:

– in general I have to play around for the countertops with the wizard and the other 2 ways of making countertops. F.e. if I have two toned countertops I can’t use the general wizard. Sometimes If I just create a countertops with the moulding tool, it won’t populate over the d/w and it won’t add the sink cutout. The same for if I have to generate a user shape for a island. Sometimes it works fine and sometimes it won’t add the sink cutout. I’ve wondered if there is a way for me to manually cut a whole when I run into this issue?

– Is there any way for me to change a catalogue to copy it so I can create two toned cabinets for island and perimeter? I only have one cabinet dealer who provided me with an actual copy so I can use 2 catalogues in the same design and differentiate the styles and pricing.

– Can I make an electrical plan with 2020?

Thanks in advance!

Kerstin

• February 3, 2018 at 10:16 am #168479
      Ken Watkins
      Participant

Hi Kerstin, good questions.  Here are a couple ideas that may help.

Catalogs first…  the easiest way I found to load 2 copies of the same catalog is to go into the catalog manager, rename the existing catalog, and then install the manufacturers catalog again to get the 2nd copy.

NOTE – Short names are restricted to 8 characters so you may be able to simply add a number or letter at the end of the manufacturers name or you may have to shorten the name to add your designation –

NOTE 2 – I just found this out. If you didn’t delete ver 9 before installing ver 11, you may have 2 versions of the catalog manager loaded so make sure you are working in the right one.  I found out when I went to load a catalog and the list of catalogs didn’t look quite right. Ended up uninstalling ver 9 so I could find the right catalog manager. – ha!

Molding tool countertops – I have one line of cabinets that has  23-3/4 deep, 35 high base cabinets.  The dishwashers generally reserve a space 24 deep, 34-1/2 high.  Don’t remember whether the wizard just skips the DW or makes an additional counter, but it’s messed up either way.  As a solution, sometimes I delete the counters and either set a 24″ base cabinet in there or change the size of the DW before adding the counters again – or sometimes it’s faster to just edit the counters.

Island countertops – have you tried using the predefined shapes in the ROOM_TOP catalog instead of generating a user shape?  I have also found that the standard cutouts and sink are set at 36″ high, so if you have a counter or shape that is higher, the cutouts and sinks may not show up until you adjust the height of the cutout (they are hidden under the shape)

Hope this helps…

Ken

• February 3, 2018 at 11:34 am #168482
      Kerstin Cobb
      Participant

Hi Ken,

thanks so much for all your tips. Good to know that others are experiencing similar things and I am not the only one.

I will give the room_top catalog a try as well thanks!

Take care, Kerstin.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.