Generating Custom Proposals from Worksheet – Good Resource?

• April 29, 2015 at 12:04 pm #27292
      J Britt Alexander
      Participant

I’ve created a few custom reports from Worksheet that have worked for our proposals so far.   But now we are looking for a higher level of customization in the proposals we generate.

Any good resources for accomplishing this? Any software that works well alongside Worksheet to generate a detailed highly customizable proposal form?

Basically we are wanting to do a summary proposal for the client – template driven so that instead of every piece and part of a workstation being priced out, we can roll it up to a PRICE PER WORKSTATION type proposal.

Just now starting to research myself. Any tips or direction would be great.

Britt Alexander

Sr. Project Manager

• May 14, 2015 at 8:55 am #27811
      Eric DeVito
      2020 Expert

I think you should be able to accomplish something like this with the current Worksheet reporting system. One idea I had is maybe try putting all the parts and pieces of the workstations into outline levels in worksheet. An outline level can contain all the parts and then reports just the total cost much like a standard. Then in the report design there is a setting per report whether or not it flattens standards and outline levels. If you unchecked that, it would report just on the outline levels, and not the individual pieces contained in each level.

Another option if all the parts are tagged in the worksheet, so that each item has perhaps an alias tag that identifies which workstation it belongs to, you could do a grouping report that will group all like tags together to give a subtotal price of that group. If you then turned off the product detail section of the report, it would only list the total of that group of parts and not report the individual pieces.

• May 14, 2015 at 9:22 am #27812
      Vanessa DeKoekkoek
      Participant

I believe you can accomplish this by using the report designer and grouping items by tag or level. The following example shows items grouped by level (the items are in a standard/typical from a drawing).

I used the standard report “Standards Report with Image” and made a few edits.  Since you do not want to show the individual products, you will want to turn off the product detail section.

If you have additional questions on how to accomplish this, we offer an online class to learn how to customize reports.  You can also email our training team at commercial.training@2020spaces.com

I hope this helps!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.