Getting old version to run in Windows 10

• September 30, 2016 at 3:28 pm #104768
      Len Gerstel
      Participant

I have Giza 2005. I just installed it on a windows 10 system and it appeared to install OK. However, I could not get the Sentry USB key to be recognized. I did a quick search of the forums and was not able to find any solutions. Are there any workarounds?

We sell used office furniture, and to be honest the feature set of Giza Millennium (2000) did everything we needed and I would rather not upgrade if I don’t have to.

Thanks in advance

• September 30, 2016 at 4:32 pm #104798
      Tech Support
      2020 Expert

Hello Len:

Since Giza 2005 is not supported on Windows 10, we cannot guarantee it will function properly.

If the computer is not seeing the Sentinel key, you could try installing the latest Sentinel driver.   I’ve provided the download link for the driver below.

Click here to download the driver.

If the computer is seeing the key and Giza just needs to be authorized, please email your license number to  Commercial Support at commercial.support@2020spaces.com and we will provide you with an activation code.

One more thing you can try is running Giza as administrator.  You can do this by right clicking on the Giza desktop shortcut and choosing properties.  In the properties window select Compatibility and check the box to Run this program as an Administrator.   Click the Apply and OK buttons to apply the changes and close the window.

Thank you,
      2020 Commercial Support Team

• September 30, 2016 at 4:54 pm #104855
      Len Gerstel
      Participant

Thank you very much. The new Sentinel driver is what appears to be all that I needed.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.