Glass rendering incorrectly

• March 24, 2022 at 5:06 pm #361463
      Kitchen Designer
      Participant

Every time I render a design, any objects that are made of transparent glass or plastic start “glowing” bright white right as the render finishes up. (see attachments for examples) I’ve tried just about every glass and plastic texture, as well as adjusting various combinations of light levels (ambient light, exposure, moving light sources, etc) but that does not seem to make it go away. The only thing that makes the glass not light up is turning off global illumination, so it may be some kind of raytracing issue, but then of course without global illumination that means nothing is rendered nicely and it just looks the same as the realtime view.

Am I just missing a specific combination of settings, or is this a soft/hardware glitch?

• March 24, 2022 at 6:46 pm #361488
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi,

I went ahead and tested the above in my version 13.2 using RedWay 3D and it worked correctly. I took some bottles and cups from the cloud – made sure they were set either to a glass or a plastic texture and then created a high quality render and the glass seems to be fine. -See attached images.

Which version of the program might you be using currently? Are those items from the cloud or taken by SketchUp? If possible, would you be able to send your design file to ResidentialSupport@2020spaces.com. It is also possible this could be an issue with your graphic driver so I would also suggest to update your graphics card. If anything, I would suggest to contact our support department so we may take a closer look at the issue. You can contact us by calling 1.866.697.2020.

Regards,

Kris

• March 25, 2022 at 11:34 am #361687
        Kitchen Designer
        Participant

Thanks for your reply Kris! I am using version 10.7.3.35. I’m aware this is a much older version, but it’s the only one I have access to since I am a kitchen designer at Home Depot and do not have control over what software we can use. As far as I know, all of the objects I have are what comes preloaded with the software.

Also, is there anything specific I should put in the subject line or email body when I send the design file to support to make it easier to help?

Thanks again!

• March 25, 2022 at 3:39 pm #361739
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi,

Okay, I see. If this issue had started up out of the blue, its possible it could be the graphics driver. If that is the case, I’d suggest to contact your IT for assistance with updating the graphics.

When you send us an email including the file, you can add the name of this post to the subject line. You can add your forum post as well to give a little explanation.

Regards,

Kris

• March 29, 2022 at 4:29 pm #362128
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Just an idea – since the Global Illumination impacts it:

When you right-click these items, do they have a Light Properties option you can switch to black?

If not, can you go into the Attributes of the item and find a Light Texture there you can switch to black?

It just sounds like the software is treating the glass like window glass – which always throws light.

Ariana

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.