Glazed Doors with aluminium Frame

• October 27, 2016 at 12:59 pm #108062
      Oksana
      Participant

Hello. Im using 2020 Giza and VI and wondering if there is any way to change regular wooden doors for glazed glass doors with frame around. Did any one did this before. Example I used overhead storage from Global Z60S16OS and wood like have glazed door option shown in VI. Any suggestions?

Attachments:
    • October 27, 2016 at 2:50 pm #108072
      Tech Support
      2020 Expert

If the manufacturer provides a graphic that supports that configuration, then you could map your own materials to the doors.
      I looked at this symbol and it only has the graphic for the solid laminate doors.
      It would be possible to make this item into a CAP Special, delete the doors and add your own doors so that you could map your glass and frame to the doors.  This would not be an easy task, especially if you do not have a lot of experience creating 3D objects in AutoCAD.   If you did decide to try this, then you would need to make sure the glazed 3D faces and the frame 3D faces are on their own layers so that when you apply your materials to the cabinets you have the correct layers to assign them to.

• November 22, 2016 at 8:52 am #112053
      Caroline Malouin
      Participant

If I modify the item in CAD, how I can import them into my GIZA library in my drawing?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.