Hickory Hardware catalogue – HELP! – How does it work?

• March 29, 2022 at 11:37 am #362006
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Hi All!

Love Hickory Hardware and I’ve just installed the newest zipfile – but I can’t make it work!

Any tips?

Cheers,

Ariana

• March 29, 2022 at 12:22 pm #362009
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Ariana,

I’ve been testing the catalogs and seeing how it works and from what I’ve seen, it looks like there is a refreshing issue with it. Once you’ve applied the handles to your drawing, save and close the file and then reopen it. This should refresh it causing the handles to appear in the render!

A quick way to apply the handles to the drawing:

1. Once you have the drawing and you are ready to apply the handles, switch to the Cabinets tab and lasso the drawing to select everything.

2. Right click on everything you have selected and go to Attributes.

3. Click on Add-Ons, then locate the Hickory catalog and add a checkmark to the Hickory Hardware Pulls.

4. Once you do that, you can go to ‘Styles & Pricing’ to add a style to the handles.

5. Save the drawing, close it and reopen it.. you should now see your hardware!

Hope this helps you out some 🙂

Kris

• March 29, 2022 at 12:30 pm #362046
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Oh!  Thank you Kris!

It would NEVER have occurred to me to do Styles and Pricing for an add-on!  I was wondering why I opened the Hickory catalogue and there were no choices.

And leaving the pulls on, then closing the design? I never would have found that!

Cheers!

Ariana

• March 29, 2022 at 12:49 pm #362047
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

So I’ve been testing – any tips for making the Door and the Drawer on a unit different SIZES? or different STYLES?

Say a 128mm on the door and a 160mm on the drawer of the same cabinet – or a matte black knob from one line, and a matte black pull from a different line?

It seems to only “register” what I choose for the doors – and just applies it to both.

Cheers,

Ariana

• March 30, 2022 at 1:42 pm #362191
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Ariana,

Unfortunately it doesn’t seem this catalog has the ability to add different sized pulls, it seems there is only the one size.

Thank you for identifying the issue with the door pull being added as the drawer pull! I had not checked to see if this was an issue previously. I had tested this on my end and had come up with the same result. It has been reported and I will notify you here once the issue has been resolved!

Regards,

Kris

• March 30, 2022 at 2:02 pm #362192
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

thanks Kris!

Mixing knobs, pulls, and fingerpulls is a real “thing” around here.  But I do LOVE the Hickory Hardware!

Cheers,

Ariana

• April 6, 2022 at 11:14 am #362360
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Ariana,

I’m happy to inform you that the Hickory catalog issue has been sorted out and the revised catalog was added to 2020spaces.com. Please download the new copy, delete the old hickory catalog in the catalog manager and install the new one! You should now be able to apply a door AND drawer pull or knob! 🙂

Regards,

Kris

• April 6, 2022 at 12:09 pm #362361
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Oh wow Kris! Awesome!!

Thanks!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.