Hidden Line Renderings

• March 29, 2018 at 3:45 pm #179327
      Nyssa Estremera
      Participant

In the old 2020, I think v9 when I did hidden line renderings you were able to see the mirror frames. In the new version though you just see the mirror shape with a line running diagonally but no frame. Is there a way to get the frame to show up without the rendering being in color?

• March 29, 2018 at 4:22 pm #179348
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Nyssa,

I just dropped 3 different mirrors from the cloud into a file and the frames show on all three in hidden line.  Would it be possible to let us know where you are getting the mirror from?  Catalog, item name etc… I would like to investigate further.

Thank you

Neil

• March 29, 2018 at 4:45 pm #179353
      Nyssa Estremera
      Participant

Hi Neil,

The mirror I use is from the 2020 cloud catalog 2020 Decorative Items USA and the item name is Mirror-Rectangle Wooden Frame. Can I ask what mirrors you used Neil, as this is the only mirror I use. I do modify the height and width of the mirror, could that be affecting the mirror?

• April 3, 2018 at 10:27 am #179887
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Nyssa,

I tried Mirror – Black frame, Mirror – Rounded Edges, and Mirror – Decorative.  All 3 show their frames in hidden line renders.

I also messed with the height/width without issue.

Neil

• April 3, 2018 at 12:48 pm #180076
      Nyssa Estremera
      Participant

Hi Neil,

I tried a different mirror just to see and it seemed to show the frame in hidden line. I’m wondering if it’s just that one mirror then that doesn’t show in hidden line. Thank you.

• April 3, 2018 at 1:02 pm #180099
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hey Nyssa,

I can’t find the rectangular wooden frame mirror in the cloud. ??? If its a hidden line drawing anyway I would use the Black frame one.  It should do what you want.

Neil

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.