High Quality Rendering is Lagging

• June 6, 2022 at 2:38 pm #368420
      Jessica Kaminski
      Participant

Hi All,

When I do a high quality rendering, it takes quite some time to load.  I have recently upgraded my PC based off of what our IT company recommended.  Has anyone found a way to speed up the high quality rendering process?

Thank you much!

Jes

• June 7, 2022 at 11:27 am #368425
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi  Jessica,

In general, the high quality render can take some time to complete. The larger the design file, the more time it will take. I would suggest to contact our support department so an agent can get connected and take a look at the system to make sure everything is in order. You can reach us by calling our toll free number, 1.866.697.2020.

Regards,

Kris

• June 20, 2022 at 7:33 pm #371437

Hi Jes,
        Firstly if 2020 is the main usage then your IT company should follow 2020 guidelines and not just do their own thing (if they did).

Firstly, the renders in 2020 are primarily processor focused – this means that the more cores and the faster they are, the quicker the render will happen. Surprisingly, the choice of video card is a lot less critical than the choice of processor – a mid range Nvidia card is a good choice. I tend to avoid AMD cards due to more driver issues. If you are using Nvidia, make sure this is set as the default choice of video adapter when using 2020 – this is set up in the NVidia software.

As per Brad’s response, the rendering window size also has an effect – I tend to perform final renders at about Full HD levels (1920×1080 resolution) as I find this is a decent tradeoff between speed of render and quality of image. I use much smaller window sizes for checking the render through the design and enhancement process.

The more ‘effects’ you have, the slower the render. Adding complex shapes from the Cloud catalogues and especially from Sketchup will also reduce render speed.

What is the exact spec of your PC? Processor, RAM and Video card?

• June 7, 2022 at 11:48 am #368426
      Brad Ogle
      Pilot Pro

Upgrade processor. I upgraded to a Threadripper processor a couple years ago and found a great improvement to HQ rendering time. It also has a lot to do with the monitor size.  The smaller the monitor the faster the rendering but a larger monitor means more pixels and better quality when you zoom in. I use a 34″ Ultra wide monitor and it seems to be a good balance of speed and quality.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.