How Can I Create “Promotions”?

• November 27, 2019 at 12:11 pm #260737
      Jordyn Pennyfeather
      Participant

Hi All,

My company is starting to use Saberis to transfer our designs into orders and one huge problem we are having is that each cabinet company runs promos that we can’t account for in 2020, such as:
      – No charge for paint, inset, plywood, etc. upgrades
      – Reduction of paint charge from 16% to 10%
      – 20% off of “x” doorstyle
      – 30% off of inset

I tried to go into catalog manager and edit the promos there, however they are across the board discounts and don’t get as specific as I need them to. Can anyone give me any advice on this? Thanks in advance!

• November 28, 2019 at 12:40 pm #260826
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Jordyn,

2020 is not set up to have that level of granularity in it’s calculations.  It might be possible to address stuff like that via Saberis but as I know exactly zero about their software I can’t say for sure.

Neil

• November 28, 2019 at 6:16 pm #260863

Hi Jordyn,

Any stuff like this should be done in your Saberis system – 2020 is really just a design package with some pricing ability added. We found the pricing facility too limiting (not a criticism – we would prefer 2020 to work on the design/graphics aspect as that is where their strengths are) so we ended up with a custom written Quotation and Job Management package that allows us to create promotions.

• November 28, 2019 at 6:24 pm #260864

Sorry, I meant that the Promos should be done in the back end system that you use Saberis to connect to.

• November 29, 2019 at 10:15 am #260881
      Jordyn Pennyfeather
      Participant

Thank you guys! I will reach out to Saberis and work it out.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.