how to achieve two colors of cabinet in the same kitchen?

• November 3, 2016 at 11:57 am #109687
      Carlie Brown
      Participant

Hi all,

I was wondering how to make my uppers a different color from the lowers. when I go into my styles and pricing I see no option to make them two different colors. I need to be able to choose the second color from my manufactures catalog for ordering purposes. Ultimately I’m just wondering if this is possible and how to go about it if it is. thanks

• November 10, 2016 at 3:28 pm #111342
      Debbie Waldner
      Participant

You will need to load 2 versions of your catalog (Version A and B). For your lower cabinets, use catalog A, then B for your wall cabinets. You can choose different styles/colors etc for each catalog.

• December 6, 2016 at 10:39 am #113381
      Participant

Moved to 2020 Design forum

2020Admin

• June 9, 2017 at 8:45 am #134102
      Sarah Robinson
      Participant

Is there a way to cheat that?  like for an island in different color?  The manufacturer that I am working with does not have 2 versions of their 2020 catalog.

• June 10, 2017 at 9:52 am #134383
      Derek Sisson
      Participant

The manufacturer does not need to have 2 catalogues to do this. You simply use catalog manager to install the manufacturer catalogue, then go to “Rename short or long description of catalog”, select the catalog you want to rename from the drop down list, the under rename you can simply add the letter “A” beside the it…. sometimes you have to delete a portion of this to add a letter. Then you go back to catalogue manager and install the same catalogue again… it will allow you to install it a second time as the first one has been renamed. you can then label them both however you like.

Then when designing your kitchen you use one catalogue for the island and the other for the rest of the cabinets, and you can change the colors of each independently. hope this helps!

• June 11, 2017 at 7:28 pm #134393

Unless the catalogue you are using is extremely locked down, you should be able to select the door/panel colour in the attributes of the item. This overrides anycolour/style selection for the individual cabinet but not the other items in the design.

Attachments:
    • August 22, 2017 at 6:04 pm #144397
      Juliet Braly
      Participant

what if you have already designed the kitchen and the client decides to make the base cabinets, island, or whatever a different color?

• August 22, 2017 at 7:25 pm #144398

As I said above, as long as the catalogue hasn’t had the individual colour selection option hidden then you can go into the attributes of each cabinet one by one and set the door colour to whatever you want it to be.

You can also hold the control key down, click to select multiple cabinets then right click and go to attributes/textures and change the door/drawer front colour of ALL of the selected cabinets in one go. See attached.

• August 23, 2017 at 11:44 am #144443
      Chuck H.
      Participant

It’s always best to load multiple catalogs and rename them A, B, C, and so on. Our designers load four catalogs each when working with our suppliers catalogs.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.