How to show\use the Camera in the floor plan

• November 29, 2015 at 3:21 pm #62735
      Edith
      Participant

I you would like to visualize the camera in the floor plan as in previous versions, simply click on the camera icon located at the bottom right hand corner.

Once the camera is visible in the floor plan\work area position the mouse on the rectangle and by holding the left side of the mouse drag the camera to the area that you want to render. If you click on the circle and hold the left side of the mouse you can rotate camera inside of the room.

To remove the camera from the floor plan, simply click again in the camera icon.

• November 30, 2015 at 1:47 pm #62775
      Jason
      Participant

Always adjust the camera height and tilt:

When using the camera feature on the floor plan , it is always a good idea to adjust the camera height and tilt before visualizing your design with perspective view because sometimes the default settings for the camera location will not give you the expected results.

In order to change the camera height and tilt simply right click on the rectangular area of the camera  and select ‘camera height’ or ‘camera tilt’ from the menu. For the camera height, enter the desired height from the floor. For the camera tilt enter zero to have the camera parallel to the floor, enter a positive number to have the camera angled upwards and enter a negative number to have the camera angled downwards.

• December 8, 2015 at 11:06 am #64024

When I click on the camera icon, the camera no longer places itself on the floor plan.

• December 8, 2015 at 11:50 am #64120
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Donna,
      an interesting little quirk with the camera is that sometimes it comes on to the plan area crazy high up. Zoom out a long way and the camera should appear. I usually find it by following the green doted line back to the base. Drag the camera to where you want it, reset the height and tilt and away you go.

Neil

• September 21, 2017 at 11:17 am #149435
      Chris Blackman
      Participant

I didn’t want to start a new topic so I was really happy to have found this one.

Remember when adjusting the camera height to SUBTRACT 3-3.5 inches (approx 8cm) from the Height of the client. human eyes don’t sit on top of the head.

Question:

What camera view angle best represents the human eye (without doing the fisheye distortion thing)?

• September 21, 2017 at 2:15 pm #149489
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Chris,

I always like to set the camera height to 72″ and the tilt to -5.  I find it gives me a good perspective in the room.  Of course I’m 6’3″ so you might want to drop it down a little :-), but the I find the -5 tilt gives it a good angle.

Neil

• September 21, 2017 at 2:35 pm #149491
      Chris Blackman
      Participant

I think at -5 you could set the eye height at the actual height and not have to worry about the whole skull thing.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.