I figured out how to Lock Walls in Place!!

• April 29, 2021 at 11:56 am #327169
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Hey all,

I just stumbled across something that’s a real lifesaver for me – so I thought I’d share: locking walls in place.

Now I’m in V11, so don’t know if this would work in V12 or not….  So just right-click the wall and choose Display Settings.  Uncheck Item Display.

The wall itself will disappear, but a dashed outline WILL REMAIN, as well as the dims for the wall and the placement zone so it’s perfectly plain where the wall is.

If you want to modify or change the wall, go to a *different tab* and the wall will still be there as normal.

Like all things that are “disappeared” in this way, you can always bring it back to normal by right-clicking on the floorplan, choose Display Settings, choose Hidden Items.  Then select Wall Group and check Display, then OK.  And the Wall will be back to normal.

While it is “disappeared” (though you can still see the outline, dims, and placement zone – so it’s more like “ghosted”) you CANNOT GRAB IT – so it’s effectively locked.

Thought I would share, as I’m constantly grabbing my walls by accident!  You can also make posts out of wall in this way, then ghost them.

Cheers! Ariana

• April 29, 2021 at 12:29 pm #327197
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Wow!

I think you’ve found the jackpot here Ariana! There have been a lot of people on the forums who have asked for a ‘wall locking’ feature and its been here the whole time.

Honestly, really amazing find! I just tested it in version 12.4 and it works the same exact way as you described it. Hopefully this will help a bunch of people out! 🙂

Regards,

Kris

• April 29, 2021 at 12:33 pm #327207
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Thanks for testing it in V12, Kris!

And so happy it will help!

• May 3, 2021 at 3:22 am #327492

Ariana, many, many thanks for this. I will post it in the Facebook group but of course attributing it to you.

• May 4, 2021 at 10:02 am #327818
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Oh thank you Mike!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.