Important announcement regarding SketchUp

• April 28, 2022 at 12:09 pm #365009
      Edith
      Participant

Hello 2020 customers,

It has come to our attention that, SketchUp has removed 2019 models from their warehouse. Unfortunately, this was the last supported model in 2020 Design Live.

The team is actively working on a hotfix for the latest release 13.3.0.

This hotfix is targeted to be available by end of May via 2020 Account 

In the meantime, here are a couple of alternatives solutions:

• You can use previously downloaded SketchUp 2019 models

• You can use decorative items available on 2020 Cloud

Thank you,

• April 28, 2022 at 2:37 pm #365019
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

What has been working for me, is to find a SketchUp item that’s light on memory and polygons and download the oldest file available – then open it ONLINE using the free SketchUp.

SketchUp will then allow you to re-download it as a 2017 file.

😉

If you want it even older, and you have the Free SketchUp MAKE on your computer, you can open the file with it, and re-save it as an even older file – as old as 2013.

Admittedly, you’re going ’round the houses a bit, but if I really need something – it *does* work.

Ariana

• April 28, 2022 at 3:08 pm #365021
      Edith
      Participant

Hey Ariana!

That is a great tip, thank you for sharing!

Cheers!

Edith

• May 11, 2022 at 3:10 pm #366771
      Catherine Blouin
      Participant

Hi Ariana!

Thank you for the tip! I have downloaded a file on my computer and opened it with the online sketchup program. But I don’t know how to redownload it as 2017 file… Would you mind to explain that step a little further please?

Thank you

Catherine

• May 11, 2022 at 7:52 pm #366784
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Hi Catherine,

Now that you have it open in Online SketchUp, click the three stacked lines in the upper LEFT corner of SketchUp and choose DOWNLOAD.

Choose file format SKP.

Now it will give you a choice of YEARS you want to save it as (eg. 2017, 2018, etc).

Once you click the year it will automatically download the file with the SAME NAME you uploaded, but in the new “year” you selected.  I then go into my Downloads file and rename it.  So I would rename “X-Backed Chair” to “X-Backed Chair 2017”

Cheers!

Ariana

• May 17, 2022 at 11:47 am #367177
      Candace Lentz
      Participant

Definitely appreciate these ideas for workarounds, but they take valuable time–my question is for support: this happens every year (SketchUp deletes prior models this time of year), and it always seems as though 2020 is caught by surprise. Is there no way to anticipate and plan accordingly to avoid this disruption of service and functionality? I lose time and money every year trying to explain to clients why I cannot produce the same renderings that I normally can during this gap that is often weeks at a time.

• May 17, 2022 at 1:25 pm #367178
      Edith
      Participant

Hi Candace,

thank you for reaching out.

We understand your concern, please rest assured that we will be looking at this proactively in the future.

Regards

Edith

• May 30, 2022 at 9:39 am #368033
      Catherine Blouin
      Participant

Good morning!

We are at the end of May now… will the hotfix be ready this week?

Thank you

• May 31, 2022 at 3:01 pm #368170
      Edith
      Participant

A New HotFix has been released for 2020 Design 13.3.0.79

You can download this Hotfix Here.

CORRECTIONS

Support Sketchup 2020 model

SketchUp: Update browser

If you have any questions regarding this Hotfix please, email us at: residentialsupport@2020spaces.com or contact us at 1-866-697-2020.

Thank you

Customer Support

• May 31, 2022 at 3:07 pm #368171
        Edith
        Participant

Hi Catherine,

Good news!

We have released the Hotfix and it is now available for download via My Account.

Please go ahead and installed it, if you have any comments or questions, please do not hesitate to reach out!

Thanks

Edith

• June 10, 2022 at 10:09 pm #368536
      Brian Gegan
      Participant

Hello Edith,

I downloaded the newest version of 2020 V13.30.08 then downloaded the hotfix for Sketchup.

Now the sketchup button does not seem to work at all.  Has this been tested?

• June 11, 2022 at 11:54 am #368538
      Edith
      Participant

Hi Brian,

The hotfix works on 13.3.0.80, I assumed this is the version you installed.

Please perform Maintenance and try again to use Sketchup, if the problem still persists please advise the time\date when we can reach out to connect with you and validate what may be happening.

Regards,

Edith

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.