Infinite floor and ceiling

• April 20, 2021 at 10:27 am #324419
      Daniel Serrano
      Participant

I´m working on a room design with no open spaces between the walls (the space is enclosed by 4 connected walls), yet 2020 design is projecting an infinite floor outside of the room in the perspective view and I don’t know why. I tried checking the “Do not connect to ceiling” option in wall properties but it made it worst, now I also have an infinite ceiling that doesn’t match the walls’ height and the projection is bigger. Any ideas on how to fix this bug?

• April 20, 2021 at 11:24 am #324421
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Daniel,

In my experience, the infinite floor and ceiling will happen because of a few things in the design.

1. Having a wall group with walls of different heights all connecting to ceiling can cause this issue to occur.

2. Having a construction line in your design can also cause this issue (the reason being is that a construction line will have a height of 96″ and will be set to ‘depend on height’ ) Set the construction wall to ‘Do not connect’ and that would take care of the issue.

If you need any additional assistance or if the above did not help, I would suggest to contact our support agents. You can reach us by calling 1.866.697.2020.

Regards,

Kris

• April 20, 2021 at 12:44 pm #324424
      Daniel Serrano
      Participant

Thanks for the tips, Kristopher,

I checked what you told me, but all walls are set to the same height and there aren’t construction lines on my design. Maybe it’s residual information from other walls and construction lines that I created an then deleted in the same file prior to the current design.

I’ll first try redoing the project in a new file to see if it happens again. If the issue persist I’ll ask the support agents.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags