Inquiring Minds: Panels vs. Freestanding

• November 24, 2014 at 10:02 am #19686
      Cindy Maple
      2020 Moderator

The face of office furniture appears to be changing. New product introductions seem to be more freestanding and benching type product than panel systems. Are panel systems still part of your project work?

• January 7, 2015 at 11:17 am #21383
      Juan Bonilla
      Participant

Hi Cindy, I just joined today and yes, in my line of work as Specifier/Designer, I still do plenty of panel workstations, although, the height of the panels has changed from the typical 64″H to the more commonly used 50″H & 42″H

• January 8, 2015 at 9:21 am #21401
      Cindy Maple
      2020 Moderator

Hi Juan, Welcome and thanks for the feedback! Interesting to hear that panels are still common but the popular height for them is lower. What would you say the ratio is between panel projects and benching projects in your world?

• January 21, 2015 at 12:19 pm #22105
        Stephanie
        Participant

Hi Cindy-
        I think Juan is on the money with his answer!
        Benching is a term in our world that has evolved. We used to think of benching (just a year or two ago) as the beam with the worksurface on either side, but we see a lot of people creating benching scenarios with panels. You may have a 35″H or 42″ spine with worksurfaces off of each side and any storage is low and freestanding. But we get asked for both…usually as options to one another. Juan, curious to hear if you are seeing the same.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.