Is there AUTO LIGHTING in LIVE?

• February 22, 2021 at 9:29 am #317288
      gina pensabene
      Participant

I used to use the Auto Assistant to place recessed lights, now that little flag function is gone. Does everyone place lights manually? I miss the program throwing them in for me!! Thank you

• February 22, 2021 at 11:50 am #317293
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Gina,

The new rendering engine that comes with Design Live (EZ Render) does add a fair amount of lighting to your design. If you want to change the lighting in the design, then you will need to manually place lights in the design or you can use opening (doors and windows) to add lighting as well.

Regards,

Kris

• February 22, 2021 at 12:05 pm #317294
      gina pensabene
      Participant

Thank you,

I did try adding my own lighting from Underground catalog. When EZ Render shows the preview, my lights showed up. Once I used the High Def image, the lighting disappears and it is dark again. I will attached image to show example. thanks!

• February 23, 2021 at 2:08 pm #317436
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Gina,

There are 2 ways to light up a room:

1) Through a portal (like windows or doors)

2) Lights artefacts (like recessed lights on ceilings and cabinet lighting)

In this specific example, the only source of light seems to be coming from the opening above the sink.

The closer your projects reflect the composition of a real room, the better EZ render will react.

The first image you’ve added seems to be using the Redway Engine – when moving the design around, it will render in Redway. EZ Render will activate once you stop moving the rendering.

If you’re still having issues with this, contact our support department for some assistance! You can reach us by calling 1.866.697.2020.

Thank you,

Kris

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.