Issue with publishing Panoramic to Facebook V11.9

• April 20, 2018 at 12:11 am #182644

Hi,

I just tried rendering a Panoramic 360 and then for the first time publishing to Facebook.

Once the render has finished, the publish process normally completes within 4-5 seconds but with the facebook option ticked, it then sat there for at least 15 minutes and eventually popped open the web page and emailed me the links but no sign of it on Facebook or any facebook links – am I missing something?

I’m on a good spec machine with a fast Internet connection (100mbps)

Thanks

Mike

• April 20, 2018 at 3:30 pm #182843
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hey Mike,

That’s odd.  I ran several tests here today and found no noticeable difference in the publishing times.

What settings did you use for the 360’s?  I just did them with the default medium and global illumination turned on.

Neil

• April 22, 2018 at 7:48 pm #182923

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the reply. The publishing delay was back to normal today when I switched to medium (I was on Retina).

I was more concerned with the lack of the facebook option in the email sent to the client. Where is the facebook option supposed to show up?

Cheers

Mike

• April 23, 2018 at 10:01 am #182948
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hey Mike,

When you are generating the 360 you need to put a check in the Facebook box.  That part you know 🙂  Then when the 360 is generated a link is sent.  When you open the link to the 360 there is the Facebook F in the panorama’s toolbar.  Click the F and a popup comes up that will ask you for a comment on the picture, to log in and to post it.

Hope that helps

Neil

• April 23, 2018 at 8:22 pm #183114

Hi Neil,

I know my sight leaves a lot to be desired but it isn’t selective! lol I’ve attached some screen captures of the process and for the life of me, I can’t see a facebook ‘f’ anywhere!

I’ve tried 3 different browsers. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Mike

• April 24, 2018 at 9:54 am #183216
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hey Mike,

Definitely something going on.  The attached file shows what it’s supposed to look like.

Maybe a registry reset will fix it, if not you might need to do a clean install.

Neil

Attachments:
    • April 26, 2018 at 7:38 pm #183944

I’ll try it on a different PC – as you know, mine is doing some odd things.

• April 26, 2018 at 9:17 pm #183945

Yup – it’s down to my machine – the Facebook option popped up when I rendered on a different PC.

I’ll try a registry reset/re-install but I suspect I’m getting to the point of wiping my machine and starting again. I just wish Windows would move to being a Docker OS as it would make life so much easier!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.