I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…

• February 16, 2021 at 1:09 pm #316927
      Erik Tornquist
      Participant

We need a way to use 2020 when/where there is no internet service. Of course the 2020 executives don’t want us to have usb licenses because then we could use the program many/most have paid thousands of dollars for without renewing a license. But, especially when we have weather/ActsofGod that knock out the internet or we take our laptops to a place that has poor or non-existing internet, we still need to use the software. Many of us take it on vacation, design on planes, etc…

I don’t know, I’m just ranting, but even if a USB device is programmed to work until the renewal date…. not even sure if that’s possible… But it’s frustrating to have to use a program you need for your livelihood that relies on internet.

My PDF editing software is an annual fee (actually on a 2 yr license) but doesn’t require internet to be used. It’s programmed to not continue the premium service after two  years.

How great that would be if 2020Design was the same way.

• February 16, 2021 at 1:19 pm #316929
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Erik,

2020 Design does allow users to work offline. If you need to go to a clients house and show them your work it is possible. First (before leaving the office) sign into the program. As long as you don’t sign yourself out, the program should keep you signed in for up to 7 days. After the 7th day, the program will kick you out and require some more internet to sign you back in.

If you are having issues with this then I would suggest to contact our support department to speak with an agent about this. You can reach us by calling 1.866.697.2020.

Regards,

Kris

• February 16, 2021 at 1:30 pm #316930
        Pasquale Brancati
        Participant

Hi Erik,

Appreciate your concerns, one thing I’d like to add to what Kris wrote. If & when you’re in a situation where internet access is not accessible, we suggest to customers to use their cell phones as a hotspot to gain internet access right away.

I hope this helps clarify your concerns.

Thank you
        2020 Team

• February 22, 2021 at 3:34 pm #317316
          Brenda Young
          Participant

Whoohoo! Just saw this after an email reply. You might want to let your sales team know this. I’ve talked with three different people when they were try to sell me on the switch to Live. None of them knew about working off-line. I had one say she was going to get back with me. That didn’t happen either.

• February 16, 2021 at 6:04 pm #316936
      AllSouth
      Participant

I’m with ERIK…   This Ice Storm just blew a loud trumpet wake-up call for those who were surprised to lose power / internet / dead cell phones, etc.  For the money, we should have better alternatives.  (My$.02)

• February 22, 2021 at 11:24 am #317291
        Brenda Young
        Participant

Are you not getting it? If there’s not internet service there’s likely NOT cell service either. Not everyone lives in a metropolitan area. (There are these things called mountains.) Could you just be honest and tell those of us without constant internet service that you do not want our business any longer, so we can move on? I keep waiting for a solution, but no one seems to care. Please, please do us a favor (for the 20 years I’ve used your product) …BE HONEST!

• February 22, 2021 at 11:16 am #317290
      Brenda Young
      Participant

I’m with you Erik!!!!
      2020 is leaving those of us without constant internet access in the dirt. After nearly 20 years of using 2020 I’m looking for new design software options. I’m not about to sign up for 2020 Design Live unless they give me a viable option. The cloud deco products are pretty much useless to me anyway. (Not everyone wants to live in modern minimalist metropolitan.) Sorry 2020, Your design live option is no option that works for me.

• February 22, 2021 at 2:05 pm #317313
        Pasquale Brancati
        Participant

Hello Brenda,

As Kris mentioned in an earlier post, internet access to authenticate your 2020 Design Live credentials is required every 7 days,

You can work with 2020 Design Live in between those 7 days without internet access.

Thank you
        2020 Team

• February 22, 2021 at 7:49 pm #317327

Hi Pasquale,
      The credential issue doesn’t affect me as I am in Aus and still on USB but I have seen many, many reports of credential issues. Can I ask this:

Does the license renew EVERY time you run 2020 Design and then last 7 days from that point?

If it doesn’t then can I suggest that it be changed to do this. The issue others are having may be down to the license being down to the last day on the 7 day renewal then they have no connection or the licensing server is down and the license fails to renew.

A 7 day renewal is a sensible thing to have but not if it waits 7 days before checking. Maybe change the renewal test to 24 hours or have an option to force a renewal for when people know they may be off grid for a while. A countdown timer in Help/About might not be a bad idea too.

• February 22, 2021 at 9:19 pm #317351
        Pasquale Brancati
        Participant

Hello Mike,

The license is randomly authenticated when online, however the license can go up to 7 days without being authenticated through our license server.

Thank you
        2020 Team

• February 22, 2021 at 11:42 pm #317352

Hi Pasquale,

Randomly but there must be a lower and upper limit. Obviously, the upper limit might be the 7 days but may I suggest that the lower limit should be at most 48 hours?

• February 24, 2021 at 9:42 am #317461
      Pasquale Brancati
      Participant

Hi Mike,

To be precise, the license is renewed every hour while you are logged in and online.

Thank you
      2020 Team

• February 24, 2021 at 5:54 pm #317694

Excellent – thanks Pasquale.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.