Keyboard Shortscuts

• December 7, 2017 at 4:54 pm #163259
      Tiffany Gadway
      Participant

Whenever my 2020 Design crashes and closes, I lose all of my quick keys (or keyboard shortcuts) that have been previously assigned. This happens usually a handful of times a day. Is there something I can do to “hard save” these keys and not have to re-assign them each time I crash?

I would much prefer to not crash at all, of course…

• December 7, 2017 at 5:21 pm #163260
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hey Tiffany,

Please forgive my ignorance but where are you setting your keyboard shortcuts?  I was not aware that there was a way to do this in 2020.  I thought they had removed the majority of the keyboard shortcuts in version 10.

Thanks

Neil

• December 7, 2017 at 6:13 pm #163264
      Tiffany Gadway
      Participant

It is in the menu to Customize Quick Access Toolbars > More Commands > Keyboard Shortcuts > Customize

Yikes! I really really hope this option doesn’t get removed. It’s a thousand times faster than clicking around in menus, buttons and drop downs.

• December 7, 2017 at 6:57 pm #163266

Hi Neil,

This feature should be expanded not dropped. I’d like to see a shortcut icon and keyboard shortcut option for the Report Manager – we had this on V9 and my Designers are bemoaning it’s loss in V11.

Most of my Designers work rapidly due to their workload and having shortcut keys for the common options is very handy and speeds up their workflow substantially.

Also, if I can find out where the config info for these shortcuts is stored, I’ll add it to my backup script. I’ve already checked that it isn’t in the registry or the CONFIG directory.

• December 8, 2017 at 10:22 am #163302
      Edith
      Participant

Hi Tifanny,

Constant crashes a day definitely is not a normal behavior and I agree better if this does not happens at all.  Would it be possibly to send me your contact information so we can connect and assist with this issue.

residentialsupport@2020spaces.com

Looking forward to hear from you!

Edith

• April 6, 2021 at 4:51 pm #322595
      Jason Gray
      Participant

Has there ever been any progress with the reliability of keyboard shortcuts? I’m using 12.3 and the keyboard shortcuts that I make are always deleted/removed/not saved every time I close and reopen the software.

It would be really nice if they worked as they save immense amounts of time. I’ve given up trying to reset them because instead of saving time it’s a waste of time.

Or as previously asked, is there a way to modify a REG entry or config file directly?

Thanks

• April 7, 2021 at 5:16 pm #322762
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Jason,

I have been testing the keyboard shortcuts on my end but I haven’t run into any issues with it. I’ve tested in v12.3 and 12.4 but both versions remember the shortcut I create even after multiple restarts. The only times I can see the shortcut being removed is when completing Basic Maintenance (which is to be expected).

I would have to suggest that you either contact our toll free number to have an agent connect and take a look at that or send us your information so we may contact you to take a closer look. Our toll free number is 1.866.697.2020 and you can send your information to residentialsupport@2020spaces.com.

Regards,

Kris

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.