Legend/numbering requests

• August 21, 2018 at 12:44 pm #200946
      Chris Setlock
      Participant

Hello!

Two requests for future versions:

1) Could the numbering on legends please sync with the numbering on order forms, quotes and cost/sell reports?

2) Could we please have more control over the numbering system in general?

I recently discovered that 2020 renumbers when you move, alter or replace a cabinet.  I had to make some changes after placing a cabinet order.  2020 renumbered everything, and it was a nightmare matching everything up.

• August 30, 2018 at 3:03 pm #201921
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the suggestions.  I’ll make sure our product manager seems.

“Hey Santiago, look over here!”

🙂

Neil

• August 31, 2018 at 10:10 am #202112
      Santiago Morales
      2020 Expert

Hello Chris,

Thank you for reaching out.  To answer your first question, Yes the items can be matched with  legend numbers in the order forms.  To display the legend number on the reports, make sure “Legends” is selected in the form options.

Regarding adding more control on the number system, would you have specific ideas you had in mind?

Thank you,

Santiago

• August 31, 2018 at 10:36 am #202113
      Chris Setlock
      Participant

Hi Santiago,

Thanks!  I’ll check that in the future.  Is there a way to prevent renumbering?  Is there a way to predict how 2020 will number things?

As I mentioned in my post, I had to make some changes to a design after I’d sent in the order to my vendor.  I’d already noticed that 2020 seems to renumber when changes are made, so I was careful to select and replace effected items, instead of deleting them and adding new ones.  Still, things were renumbered, and it took multiple hours to cross check everything carefully.

In a related issue, can we choose to print order forms from selected catalogs only?  My cabinet vendor doesn’t want to know about the countertops or lighting, for instance.  I cant seem to make that stop without deleting unnecessary items before generating the order form.

Thanks!

-Chris

• August 31, 2018 at 2:45 pm #202153
      Santiago Morales
      2020 Expert

Hello Chris,

Unfortunately, in automatic numbering mode, there is no way to set specific numbers. We will take it under consideration for a future release of 2020 Design.

Thank you,

Santiago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags