Lighting in V12.1.10.100 Very Dark?

• July 10, 2020 at 2:46 pm #289118
      Kirstyn Weld
      Participant

Is anyone else having an issue where it doesn’t seem that you can put enough lights in the newest version of 2020? I am using the same amount of lights that I would have in V12.0.6.9 and yet my design is horribly lit. My ceiling looks perpetually grey (despite having applied the Hot Fix – it doesn’t look like that kind of grey anymore).

If I increase the “User Light Intensity” it helps but it also applies bright spots, which I can’t stand (that’s why I don’t use Auto Lighting). I use the “Invisible (for lighting effects)” “INV-LT840” from the UNDRGRND catalog.

Again, I am lighting the same as I would have in V.0.6.9 yet my design is incredibly dark. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

• July 10, 2020 at 4:20 pm #289148
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Kirstyn,

I haven’t heard any feedback about the program being darker than the previous versions. In our testing, we haven’t found this to be the case.

What I would suggest (because I don’t have the Underground catalog) is to use the lighting from within our own catalog. You can use lighting from the ROOM_FUR catalog. Double click on “lighting fixtures” and then you can select “recessed” and then “SPOT.RECESSED”. With these lights, you can intensify them via the Attributes>Variables tab.

Of course, you can always give our support department a call to make sure that the program is working as intended!

Regards,

Kris

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.