Lock Feature

• June 13, 2022 at 10:42 am #369598
      Jacob Dacey
      Participant

I’ve been through chat support (had no idea what I was talking about) and I’ve sent this to a support email, but never got a response.

Can you tell me if this is how the new lock feature was designed to work or if there is something I can do differently?

I love (in theory) the ability to lock doors, windows, and symbols to prevent accidental moving, but it isn’t really working the way I would expect/want it to.  The problem comes when I use the multi-select (I guess it’s called “select region” officially) to grab multiple items at once.  Unfortunately, the “select region” tool will include locked items along with the unlocked; which allows them to move.

I have a cell phone video of me demonstrating the problem, but I think it’s going to be too large to attach here.

A classic example: I might have an outlet or outlet symbol intermixed with the cabinets so I know where the outlet is…  I would LOVE if it could be locked to the plan and not move once placed where I want it.  That’s a feature I’ve wished existed for YEARS… but if I region select that area, the locked component (outlet symbol, e.g.)  also gets selected and moves along with the cabinets.  I use region select all of the time (maybe I want to increase a filler and need to move a bunch of cabinets 1/2″ over, or maybe I want to show the client a slightly different layout but I’ve built something meticulous in that area that I don’t want to lose… so I’d grab all of the “parts” together and temporarily move them out of the way), but I can’t seem to use the lock feature at the same time.

Please let me know if this is working as intended (in which case it’s apparently not intended to do what I would like it to do…)

Thanks,

• June 13, 2022 at 11:25 am #369606
      Santiago Morales
      2020 Expert

Hello Jacob,

Thank you for reaching out.

The locking feature is intended to inhibit the selection of items with the mouse left click. As you have observed it is not indented to inhibit the selection from the multi select through area selection. It will not inhibit to move an item from the right click menu.

We felt the current implementation addressed the most common use case while allowing some flexibility.

We will consider your input for potential future implementation.

Thank you,

Santiago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.