Locking Position of object? Possible?

• June 7, 2019 at 11:28 am #240367
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Hey gang!

Is there a way to lock down the position of an object so it cannot be accidently moved?

I have an angled ceiling beam and a chimney breast, both made of 3D Custom Shapes that CANNOT move, as they’re placement is key vis-a-vis the design.  I keep accidentally grabbing them.  I know I could make them disappear off the floorplan and they would still appear in the rendering – so then I wouldn’t keep grabbing them – but I need to design around them – so I need to SEE them in the floorplan.

Any ideas?

Many thanks!

Ariana

• June 7, 2019 at 5:16 pm #240371
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Ariana,

There is unfortunately no feature in 2020 that will allow you to lock items in place.  I’ll let our good friend and product manager Santiago know that this would be a great feature.

On a completely unrelated note.  Would it be possible for you to email me the design you had the Sandy Steel in?  Someone upstairs asked after it for further testing.  If you could email it to residentialsupport@2020spaces.com to my attention that would be terrific.

Thanks

Neil

• June 7, 2019 at 9:20 pm #240373

This is a brilliant idea and definitely one for the wishlist. I have accidentally moved items too many times. Nice one Arlana!

• June 8, 2019 at 11:43 am #240375
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

No problem Neil, will do.

But it isn’t just steel.  If you look at that jpeg I had posted, there is also “sand” on the floor by the island.  Shiny surfaces.

I’ll email a couple of ones.

Many thanks!

Ariana

• June 10, 2019 at 2:18 pm #240406
      Rachel Mignogna
      Participant

All,

Is it now possible to flip a wine glass upside down to show in a stemware rack?  I don’t see any like this in the cloud images.

• June 10, 2019 at 4:48 pm #240408
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Rachel,

Here is the link to the decorative items page where you can request items for the cloud:

‘Got a Suggestion?’

A little bird has informed me that upside down glasses are already on the list but the more people that request it the more likely it is to get created. 🙂

Hope that helps

Neil

• June 11, 2019 at 7:19 pm #240687

Hi Rachel, the very excellent and free UNDRGRND catalog has inverted glasses. Google “UNDRGRND catalog 2020 design”

Attachments:
    • June 11, 2019 at 7:34 pm #240697

Re locking the position of objects – the simplest way for 2020 to do this would be to add a ‘layer’ function to plans and elevations. You could shift an object to a different layer then have a tick box to turn off the positioning attribute for that layer. The programming would not be at all difficult.

• June 13, 2019 at 11:37 am #240955
      Rachel Mignogna
      Participant

Mike, Thanks I downloaded underground and it worked.  Any other fun catalogs I should know about? In particular I’m looking for better faucet and lighting options. Pendants, sconces etc.

• June 13, 2019 at 7:35 pm #241038

Not a lot I can suggest re pendants etc but you should join the Facebook forum and ask there as we have a LOT of very talented people. In terms of lighting catalogues, there is a Hafele simple strip and puck lighting catalogue which seems to work quite well.

For faucets, most people seem to be getting Sketchup items if they can’t find what they want in one of the regular catalogs. There are numerous posts here and in the Facebook forum on how to get pas the Sketchup file format issue.

• June 14, 2019 at 10:54 am #241063
      Corinthian
      Participant

” I know I could make them disappear off the floorplan and they would still appear in the rendering”

How is this done?  I often have custom shapes that I accidentally grab and it drives me crazy.

Thanks

• June 14, 2019 at 12:30 pm #241075
      Corinthian
      Participant

OK.  I figured out how to make it disappear, (Right click/display settings/uncheck “display item)

Now how do I get it back? 😉

• June 14, 2019 at 1:01 pm #241076
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hey Corinthian,

Right click to get the display settings, go to the hidden tab and un-hide it 🙂

Neil

• June 14, 2019 at 1:03 pm #241077
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

HI Corinthian!

Right-click anywhere on the floorplan and choose “Display Settings”.

Choose “Hidden Items”

Then either click the item, or click “Select All” and make sure the DISPLAY button on the right in engaged – then click OK

😉

• June 14, 2019 at 2:17 pm #241100
      Corinthian
      Participant

Yes!  Thank you all so much!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.