Locking Window Positions

• November 10, 2017 at 3:52 pm #159921
      Kerry Fullington
      Participant

Is there a way to lock window and door positions in walls?

I inadvertently moved a window (that I had used to center a sink) by dragging it in a job and that could have caused a lot of grief had I not noticed it.

• November 10, 2017 at 3:58 pm #159922
      Santiago Morales
      2020 Expert

Hello Kerry,

There is no way currently to lock the position of windows and doors.  I have taken note of your suggestion to implement such behavior in an upcoming release.

Thank you,

Santiago

• March 10, 2018 at 2:06 pm #175999
      Rachel Borengasser
      Participant

Santiago,

This would be a much appreciated update!

Thanks, Rachel

• March 12, 2018 at 8:30 am #176003
      Santiago Morales
      2020 Expert

Hello Rachel,

I also agree.

Currently a window can be moved out from a wall.  Do you wish to lock a window from being pulled out from a wall or rather lock it altogether in position?

Thank you,

Santiago

• March 12, 2018 at 8:03 pm #176089

Hi Santigo,

I think she means that once we have created the architectural plan, that we would like to be able to lock all architectural items in place so as not to allow inadvertent movement/resizing.

We’ve had a few occasions where a designer has accidentally moved a window or resized a wall with resultant issues. Rachel, am I correct?

Cheers

Mike

• March 14, 2018 at 8:41 am #176267
      Rachel Borengasser
      Participant

Santiago, both locking the availability to move a window out from a wall AND locking it in position altogether would be great. Locking it in position altogether taking precedence.

Mike, you are correct, it would be awesome to have this functionality available on all architectural elements. AND I would venture to say ALL elements.

Thanks yall, Rachel

• March 19, 2018 at 11:57 am #177007
      Santiago Morales
      2020 Expert

Thank you Rachel for the Feedback. It is noted.

Santiago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.