Long & Short Title blocks

• July 10, 2017 at 3:45 pm #138393
      Michele Landon
      Participant

Hello Community! I need help with figuring out what settings I need to change to make my title block come up the same size with the same information for various print outs (plan view, elevation and perspective). When I’m putting my packets together I start with the perspectives, but the title block in this Vs.11.7.1.78 keeps shortening it and cutting out important cover information. I’ve attached a layout for each print out. I need all the info and size as seen on the plan view layout. Thank you for guidance in advance!

• July 10, 2017 at 5:08 pm #138439
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Michele,

The title block in 2020 is set differently for elevations and renderings than it is for the floor plan.  The floorplan one is larger with 2 panels.  The elevations and renderings one is one panel and the logo.  The missing panel in the rendering prints is actually a bug in 11.7 that was resolved in 11.8.  The title block in 2020 is hard coded so there are no setting available to modify the size, shape, etc…

Neil

• July 10, 2017 at 7:31 pm #138450

You can always put the plans, elevations and renders into a Word document – this works well and gets over the limitations of the Drawing Template setup.

See attached.

• July 11, 2017 at 9:11 am #138462
      Michele Landon
      Participant

Good morning! I updated to the 11.8.0.53 and it did take care of the title block sizes…still slightly different sizes but at least it fits in the entire drawing name! Thank you 🙂

• August 2, 2017 at 4:49 pm #141116
      Sadie Anderson
      Participant

Do you just screenshot and copy the image into the word document?

• August 2, 2017 at 8:44 pm #141135

No, I do File, Save as Image and then pick the floorplan then repeat for the elevations.

Once you’ve done it a few times, it becomes quick and second nature. I normally save as a 1920×1080 picture as that is the res of my monitor and it seems to print quite acceptably on most printers. If I’m printing on a high res A3 then I double the res.

I’ve attached an example I quickly knocked up to show someone.

In Word you pretty much have total control over everything and it’s all easy to manipulate. Plus if you design for different companies you can give each one their own customised word template with different formats.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.