MagicPlan import v13

• August 19, 2021 at 4:19 pm #343106
      Chris Setlock
      Participant

Hi Gang,
      I’m using 13.0.0.79  I just imported a floorplan from the magicplan cloud.  There were lots of wall errors.  Mostly, walls that didnt join or meet at corners properly.  It’s still usable, but needed a lot more correcting than usual.

Did something change with v13 that would have affected this?  I’ll report back when I have more new projects.

• August 24, 2021 at 11:40 am #343654
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Chris,

We hadn’t made any changes to magic plan in v13 but we will test this to see if it is an issue. If it is, we will then mark it down as a bug for further investigation.

Regards,

Kris

• September 22, 2021 at 4:08 pm #346597
      Chris Setlock
      Participant

Hi Kris,

More issues with Magicplan importing today.  I measured a job yesterday.  Today, I tried to upload it from the Magicplan app.  When I do, I get an error, and get logged out from my Magicplan account.

I reported this to Magicplan support.  I heard back from Madhumita, who says the issue is on the 2020 side, and that 2020 is working to fix it.

That sounded fishy to me, since it sounds like a Magicplan upload issue, or some issue with _their_ server.

Except the plan in question _is_ on the magicplan cloud.  I can see it when I log in to my magicplan account via a web browser.  Yet, when I look for it using 2020 file>import>from MagicPlan Cloud the plan is not there, but other recent plans are.

This leads me to suspect the issue is in whatever file conversion takes place between MagicPlan and 2020.

• September 23, 2021 at 12:45 pm #346652
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Chris,

Just so we can confirm how you are importing, are you logging into the phone app or the web app? I ask because I believe you are supposed to sign into the phone app. Once logged in on the phone app, you then upload the file to 2020 Design. From there, open the program and import the file. If the file is not there then it is possible that your magic plan account may be linked to a previous softkey or usb. If this is the case, then this has already been declared as a bug and will be sorted out in later versions.

If this is not the case then you would be able to send your information to residentialsupport@2020spaces.com so we can schedule a time for an agent to get connected to see what the issue may be.

Regards,

Kris

• September 23, 2021 at 2:00 pm #346707
      Chris Setlock
      Participant

Hi Kris,

Yes, I’m logging in to Magicplan using my iPad Pro.  I’ve been using Magicplan since 2012.  It’s a core part of my business practice.

I spent some time on the phone and team viewer with Danilo today.  It may be that my issue is related to the bug.  Over the years, my magicplan account has been linked to 4 different 2020 licenses.  We tried unlinking an relinking my account, but that didn’t solve anything.  I get error message 19 when I try to unlink and error 30 when I try to link.

I emailed Madhumita again, this time cc’ing Danilo.  I asked if Magicplan has a way to scrub my account of the old 2020 licenses.  I haven’t heard back yet.

I’m a little concerned when you say the bug will be sorted out in future “versions”.  You mean bug fixes, right?  This feature is a _big deal_ for me.  I can’t wait until version 14 for a resolution…

-Chris

• September 24, 2021 at 6:04 pm #346731
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Chris,

We are working with Magic Plan currently trying to find a solution to the problem. Unfortunately we do not have an ETA for when the issue will be resolved but I do want you to know that we are actively working on this. I will update you in this thread once we have come to a resolution.

Regards,

Kris

• September 30, 2021 at 1:02 pm #347229
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Chris,

Just to catch you up, we have gotten confirmation that Magic Plan is addressing the issue and they have estimated that a fix should be rolling out in two weeks but we will confirm when we are closer to the date.

Regards,

Kris

• October 1, 2021 at 12:33 pm #347474
      Chris Setlock
      Participant

Hi Kris,

Thanks for the update.  I appreciate it.

-Chris

• October 6, 2021 at 12:34 pm #347744
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Chris,

We are working with Magic plan to implement a solution as soon as possible, this will ensure that users can link and unlink licenses. We’ll more updates here shortly.

Thank you for your patience,

Kris

• October 6, 2021 at 12:41 pm #347745
      Chris Setlock
      Participant

Hi Kris,

Thanks for the update.  I heard from Danilo, via email, too.  Sorry if I’m being a PIA.  As they say, the squeaky wheel gets the grease…

I just measured two “McMansions” last week.  They are notorious for lots of pointless angled walls, and rooms than intersect each other.  Drawing them in 2020 is painfully time consuming.  It would have saved me _many_ hours, if the import was working.

• October 6, 2021 at 5:59 pm #347822
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Chris,

I’m happy to say that we are aiming to have the fix implemented by next week so hopefully you’ll be able to get back to normal soon! We will continue to keep you updated here!

Regards,

Kris

• October 12, 2021 at 1:51 pm #348283
      Erik Tornquist
      Participant

Chris,
      In your opinion, how’s the MagicPlan basic monthly plan for importing to 2020? Would you say that’s good enough for basic structure creation?

• October 12, 2021 at 1:54 pm #348285
      Chris Setlock
      Participant

Hi Erik,

Yes, the $10/mo plan does everything I need.  If I offered installation, I’d upgrade to the pricing and estimating tier, but that’s not a feature I need.

• October 21, 2021 at 9:27 am #349243
      Chris Setlock
      Participant

Hi Kris,

I just installed v13.0.1.54

I’m still unable to reconnect my magicplan and 2020 accounts.  Any update on when this will be fixed?  I’m really struggling with this.

• October 22, 2021 at 3:14 pm #349409
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Chris,

Magic Plan is currently working on a solution that will sort out the linking and unlinking of accounts in Design. It seems to be taking a little longer than previously expected but rest assured that we will provide an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Kris

• October 27, 2021 at 12:14 pm #349768
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Chris,

I’m very happy to say that Magic Plan has announced that the issue has been completely sorted out! Test this on your end by unlinking and relinking your account and seeing if there are any importing issues.

Please let us know if there are any complications still.

Regards,

Kris

• October 27, 2021 at 12:45 pm #349769
      Chris Setlock
      Participant

Sorry Kris,

Still wonky on my end.  When I try to unlink I get

Error: The MagicPlan account was not successfully unlinked from 2020 Design.

Code 30: The user exists but is not associated with the given reference.

Then, when I try to link I get

Error: The MagicPlan account was not successfully linked to 2020 Design

Code: 19
      Message: A user is already registered with the given reference for this customer.

This is what it’s been doing all along.

• October 28, 2021 at 11:18 am #349806
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Chris,

I have brought this to the attention of my team and we are looking into it currently.

Your patience is appreciated,

Kris

• November 15, 2021 at 9:35 am #350872
      Chris Setlock
      Participant

Hi Kris,

Any word on a fix to this issue?  I’m still in limbo…

-Chris

• November 17, 2021 at 4:32 pm #351313
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Chris,

I’ll be contacting you via your personal email shortly to provide you with more details.

Regards,

Kris

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.