mirror function in cloud

• August 13, 2020 at 11:11 am #293363
      Sanoma Kitchens
      Participant

I was just informed that 2020 has removed the mirror function from cloud items. This is a severe mistake and a step in wrong direction with an already flawed system. The moving to cloud items has massively slowed down my designs/ renders. Never mind all the crashing that occurs because of them. My question is, do the people that make these decisions actually use the program? Because it doesn’t seem like it.

• August 13, 2020 at 11:26 am #293364
      AllSouth
      Participant

TO 2020Technologies:

Offer a basic ROOM & DECOR catalog as before in 2020Design and an expanded option in 2020Cloud!!!

Internet access and/or machine speed impedes my design process!  Frustrating.

• August 13, 2020 at 3:03 pm #293389
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Dear user,

I assume your referring too the mirroring option with file based catalogs, currently that it not available within cloud items.

We know this is a popular feature for our customers, we are actively evaluating when we can have the mirror feature available with cloud items.

Thank you,

Kris

• August 17, 2020 at 11:15 am #293671
      Sanoma Kitchens
      Participant

Kris, I am referring to all catalogs. My opinion (which is shared by everyone I know) is that the focus should be on function. All I keep seeing is “look at these pretty cloud items” but they are so difficult to navigate (never mind ugly) and crashes my computer so much I have given up. 1 or 2 cloud items and 2020 goes haywire. My pc can handle whatever I throw at it (ryzen 9, liquid cooled, 2070 super video card and 16 gigs of ram) Going the direction of cloud based is just the wrong move. It severely hinders the overall performance of you program.

• August 17, 2020 at 2:29 pm #293749
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi,

At this point it looks like you are experiencing some issues that could be isolated to your computer. I recommend you speak with a support agent by telephone to work through your concerns. You can reach us by calling 1.866.697.2020

If you would like to schedule a date and time for that call, you can email us at residential.support@2020spaces.com.

Regards,

Kris

• August 20, 2020 at 2:51 pm #294530
      Sanoma Kitchens
      Participant

I have spent countless hours with the tech team. Each time they supposedly “fix” the issue and it comes back again a few days later. I am finished with trying to get this program to run properly and will be looking at other design programs. My computer was built specifically to handle massive design programs and I have 0 problems with Autocad 2020, sketchup, along with several other programs that i can run simultaneously. But the second I  put 1 cloud item in your program everything starts going haywire.

• August 20, 2020 at 4:15 pm #294545
      Pasquale Brancati
      Participant

Hi, I completely empathize with you seeing your frustration. However I strongly recommend we get you on the phone with a senior member of the support team to allow us to dig a little deeper on what the root cause could be your experience. If you can, send over an email to residentialsupport@2020spaces.com (to my attention) and I’ll coordinate to have a member of my team connect with you at your convenience. Thank you & stay safe.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.