Modify Report/Description

• June 15, 2016 at 4:14 pm #92514
      Jordyn P
      Pilot Pro

Is there any way to modify a report after you’ve run it? Also is there any way to permanently modify the cabinet description? We’d like to print a list for the customer but our descriptions just say ‘standard cabinet’

• June 15, 2016 at 8:31 pm #92526

Which report are you using? I’ve attached an example Quote from our system (ignore the pricing – we don’t use it) which shows accurate descriptions of each item.

An alternative which I know has been done is to export the items to a spreadsheet file and have someone write a customised excel script to import and format it the way you want.

We use Application Integration to export data to our custom Quotation/Project Management webapp and it works very well.

If you want to alter a PDF report then I recommend PDF Xchange but it will be a pain having to alter reports individually.

Attachments:
    • June 20, 2016 at 12:25 pm #92765
      Jordyn P
      Pilot Pro

Thanks Mike! I tried the quote example you used, as well as the item list, either would be fine, but the descriptions are so non-descriptive. We’ve recently had customers change their mind or order the wrong size appliances after the contract was signed and we want to give them a list of the cabinets that they agreed to so there is no confusion down the line. I’m not sure if there is a way for me to change the descriptions or modify the report after the fact, but I hope so.

Attachments:
    • June 20, 2016 at 9:24 pm #92792

I know what you mean re customers. One of ours signed off on a kitchen with 900mm cooktops. Kitchen gets delivered and there is a 600mm cooktop onsite because she had changed her mind and didn’t tell us!

Re the generic descriptions – this is because your catalogue has been constructed that way. The part codes can be set to include the width as part of the code thereby showing cutome cabinets e.g. we allow clients to have an increase of up to 50mm before we charge for the next size up so althought the quote shows a 750mm 3 drawer unit, the part code might show a 780mm unit. That said, this is no good to you unless you can get your catalog author to change the catalog.

An alternative is to use the export option and then manually change the quote. Get the quote onscreen and rather than print it, click the export button. XLS exports to an Excel Spreadsheet but possibly you would rather choose the RTF option which can be opened and altered in Microsoft Word.

A decent spreadsheet programmer could write you a script to alter descriptions automatically in the spreadsheet format or you could maybe use search and replace in either spreadsheet or text formats.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.