Mosaic or Planking in 2020

• January 7, 2018 at 5:43 pm #165257
      James Simpson
      Participant

How do you add a mosaic or plank pattern in 2020? (Wood Plank Floor or Subway/Mosaic Backsplash)

• January 8, 2018 at 8:04 am #165279
      Racheal Haddon
      2020 Expert

Hi James,

The quickest option is to select the item and then use the right-click option of “Change Material”. Once you have opened the Change Material window you can then choose to Replace the current colour. In the Select Material window you can then choose “My Images” from the top drop-down bar, and then “Manage Materials”. It is from the Manage Materials window that you can select your Image and apply this to the item. All steps from this process are highlighted in the first attached image.
      The Change Material option may produce a tiling effect on larger surface areas. To avoid this there is also the Coverings feature, where you can stretch your selected image to the exact size you need.

To use the Coverings feature you must bee in Perspective view, and select the Insert tab, and then Coverings > Floor. You will then be presented with a face-on view of the floor area and the “Modify Surface Material” window. From here you should select “Add” and then “Manage My Surface Materials” (as well as “Display my surface materials”). You will then be asked to add in your image from the relevant saved location on your PC. The image will then apply to the floor to the dimensions mentioned in the Modify Surface material window (1000mm x 1000mm in the second example screenshot attached). Please change the width and height of the inmage to cover the entire floor area if needed, and use the Confirm button to complete the coverings change.

To use the coverings feature with a specific item (e.g. not floor, walls or ceiling) please follow the video guide linked below:

If you have any questions about the mentioned features please call the Support line on 01233 635566, or you can email us via fusionsupport@2020spaces.com.

Kinds regards,
      Racheal Haddon
      Customer Service Agent

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags