Moved: display settings for the floor plan

• July 14, 2015 at 2:14 pm #38854
      DANA SHAFFER
      Participant

I am trying to set my display settings for the floor plan and also for the elevations so that I do not need to work so hard to hide the many measurements that appear.  How do I do this so only the walls and openings/obstacles have measurements and then save this so that every time I create a new drawing, I have this setting saved?

For elevations, how do I show only the cabinet widths and heights, heights between countertops and wall cabinets and then save this this so that every time I create a new drawing, I have this setting saved?

Thank you.

– Dana Shaffer

[Admin Edit – Moved to 2020 Design Forum]

• July 19, 2015 at 9:23 pm #38976

Right click on a blank area in the Floor Plan or the Elevation. Go to Display Setings and click on the Dimensions tab.

Make a note of the name of the Schema.

Now expand the categories (click on the ‘+’ symbol) until you drill down to the category you want. Untick boxes to switch off unnecessary dimensions. When you are happy, save the settings to the original file name that you made a note of above (click Save As and scroll through till you see the file name then click and answer ‘Yes’ to the overwrite question that will come up).

Same method applies to elevations and floor plans. You can also switch item display on and off and alter other settings such as the area snap, grid spacing and so on.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.