Movies

• December 4, 2014 at 9:31 am #20179
      Vivien Patterson
      Participant

Hi, is anyone having difficulties with Movies on Fusion FX v3?
      In future vision we could render a movie overnight, took about 4 hours and the results were great. With FX v3 in Preview the rendering takes a lot longer and sometimes doesn’t complete overnight and the results are very disappointing. Clients who were really impressed with the future vision movie are now very disappointed with the new rendering.
      The lighting looks fine in the stills in Preview but in the movie it is very dark. Doesn’t matter how I do the lighting the end result is still very dark. It would be helpful if the lighting didn’t change between the two! And it has these shimmering horizontal lines which are quite off putting.
      Has anyone a solution to my problem because I am under serious pressure to get this resolved.
      Thanks

• December 4, 2014 at 11:16 am #20202
      James Ferris
      Participant

Hi Vivien,
      Welcome to the community, when you say your using preview, is that a Preview render or the Preview Movie setting

• December 19, 2014 at 4:43 am #21027
      Richard
      Participant

Hi 2020 Support.

I’ll pitch in, if that’s okay – I think Vivien is referring to the settings for the Movie itself:
      ‘File’ – ‘Options’ – ‘Movie Generation settings’ – ‘Render:’

Vivien is very right, trying to render a movie now is nigh on impossible – Before FX3 was released, I seriously up specced my PC to far exceed the advised requirements, having it built especially, and still it takes an age to render, and is struggling in particular with Movie rendering.

A bit of advice on this would be great to hear.

Thanks, guys

The topic ‘Movies’ is closed to new replies.