My Concerns about Cloud Based Manufacturers Catalogues

• February 9, 2021 at 8:41 am #315879
      Taz Bashir
      Participant

Hi,

Ive been using the new cloud base graphics catalogues since March 2020 when we upgraded from v4 or 5. In total I have used Fusion for over 15 years.

Our company is based in the middle of Peterborough City in the Uk. The maximum Business Broadband connection speed we can get is a paltry 50mb. This is shared by 4-5  pcs. No Idea when the infrastructure for higher speed connections will be installed.

My concern is that right now when we have issues with accessing cloud based graphic items you can skip them and carry on to complete the Kitchen or Bedroom design. I have various issues regarding the cloud catalogues not loading, endless buffering and having to log out and back in to access them again or ringing tech support.

My biggest worry is as we are experiencing issues with cloud based items currently, these luckily do not stop you from completing the design.

How will your system cope when you  have multiple manufacturers catalogues Plus the Graphics all sitting in the cloud ?

This could potentially be a huge problem, if I lose the cloud connection I will have to stop the design process and ask the customer to hang about till its fixed ?

I would like to know what system or fail safe will be in place in case this happens and cloud connection is lost, will we still be able to carry on working or not ?

Regards

Taz Bashir

ABJ Kitchens and Bedrooms

• February 10, 2021 at 4:03 pm #316220
      Pasquale Brancati
      Participant

Hi Taz,

Access to 2020 Cloud content requires internet connection at all times. Our platform is built for continuous accessibility to our 2020 Cloud.

On those occasional times when we do have scheduled maintenance scheduled that might cause disruption to 2020 Cloud, we will notify customers in advance to minimize any inconvenience. That being said, most times we deploy those scheduled maintenance during off hours.

If customers have any trouble with internet connectivity on their end, we recommend to utilize your mobile phone as a hotspot to remain connected to the internet.

I hope this helped answer your question.

Thank you
      2020 Team

• February 11, 2021 at 12:32 pm #316318
      Taz Bashir
      Participant

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I completely understand internet connection issues cant be helped your side.

My question is when we have issues with cloud catalogues not downloading correctly or other cloud software based issues, not due to the physical connection. As your answer suggests there is no back up or local manufacturer catalogue access available.

I should of asked what will happen if we have issues with items not loading up due to bugs or faults your end as we do currently with graphic items. Will fusion have some sort of local catalogue back up ?

Regards

• February 11, 2021 at 12:42 pm #316319
        Pasquale Brancati
        Participant

Hi Taz,

Installing local catalogs remains available to customers depending on manufacturers that choose to continue to provide a local file based version of their catalogs.

Concerning any potential disruption to our 2020 Cloud content, we have a team dedicated to ensure continuous delivery for our customers.

If any potential down time to our 2020 Cloud platform were to occur, rest assured that our dedicated team will act promptly to minimize downtime.

Thank you
        2020 Team

• February 11, 2021 at 1:18 pm #316321
      Taz Bashir
      Participant

Thanks Pasquale,

I certainly hope they keep the local file based versions for at least 6 months till everyone is certain there wont be any disruptions. Having this back up would certainly give me the confidence in upgrading to live as soon as its released.

Regards

Taz

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.