NEW BLOG POST: VR Interior Design Experience

• February 28, 2018 at 2:51 pm #173409
      Rita Melkonian
      2020 Admin

VR Glasses Blog

Retailers all over the world are using virtual reality to market their products, and it’s no surprise that the interior design industry is following suit. The VR interior design experience is becoming more and more popular, and it is a great way to close a deal with a client looking to re-design her kitchen and bathroom.

One of the main tools used to showcase a 3D rendering in virtual reality are VR glasses. There are many advantages to using virtual reality glasses to close a deal with a potential client, and we’ve compiled a list to make things easier for you.

Read more

• March 5, 2018 at 6:40 pm #174727

2020 Panoramic Views are a superb selling tool but pick your VR headset carefully – I have tried quite a few that didn’t work well for me because I wear spectacles.

Luckly there are now quite a few headsets out there that now work for spectacle wearers and there are even some (like the Shinecon) that have individually adjustable lenses so that most spectacle wearers can take their spectacles off and adjust the lenses until they get a clear picture.

• March 6, 2018 at 9:45 am #174768
      Rita Melkonian
      2020 Admin

Thank you so much for commenting and sharing, Mike. It’s true that VR goggles need to be chosen carefully, especially for those who wear glasses.

• May 16, 2018 at 2:31 am #187400
      neha patel
      Participant

Thank you so much for this post. I am working as interior designer in a best construction company in Kerala (India). Now i can introduce this new concept to all my clients and get more works. No other company in my country serve this concept. Again thank you so much for the new concept.

• May 16, 2018 at 10:56 am #187425
      Michael Farago
      Pilot Pro

VR can be an amazing sales tool.  We have 2 locations that are currently using VR as a sales tool for a high quantity of jobs.  I’ve gotten 2 consistent responses from customers, at both locations as I’ve done a large number of demonstrations at both.  First, customers are always asking if they can move around.  We usually get around this by generating 3-5 views of the area to present, but even doing that, the question comes up fairly regularly.  Second,  questions like “Can I open that door?” or “Can I see inside that drawer?” or “What would it look like if i had a different color countertop/backsplash/cabinet color?”  With the advances in technology, it seems that some of the more tech savvy clients are thinking that in the virtual space it would be nice to interact a little more.  We know that 2020 is capable of rendering with interactivity (we can change colors pretty quick, and can open doors and drawers) and move around in the rendered space.  It would be nice if in the future (Near future) there would be some connection to technology that is capable of producing those interactive VR spaces.  There is software out there, but 2020 is not compatible.

• May 16, 2018 at 7:15 pm #187476

Hi Michael,

Yes, the VR option is a great beginning and being able to open cabinets etc would make for an ideal situation but might be a few upgrades a way at least. I’d be happy with a way to change colours/textures as an option for the foreseeable future!

• May 18, 2018 at 9:43 am #187584
      Santiago Morales
      2020 Expert

Hello!

Thank you for all the great feedback. Michael, we are currently experiencing with tools that allows you to navigate within a define space in a VR environment. I agree additional interfaces to open cabinets and applying different styles and texture would be beneficial. We will consider these feature as well.

Thanks again!

Santiago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.