New Laptop

• April 5, 2019 at 9:41 am #232040
      Jessica Almburg
      Participant

I am going to be purchasing a new laptop soon. Mine isn’t that old but I am finding out that my graphics card isn’t very good. I am not good with the hardware stuff with computers so I’m looking for some help. My current graphics card is a NVIDA 940MX. I am looking at a Dell gaming computer G7 15 with a NVIDA RTX2060 that fulfills all the requirements of the current recommended specifications. Anyone know if this is a good graphics card. I would like this computer to last a little while.

• April 8, 2019 at 10:41 am #233471
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hey Jessica,

The new RTX series from Nvidia is really sweet!  One of my co-workers here just build a new computer (Lucky Bas….) 🙂 and he has an RTX 2070 and he said the software runs great on it.  That said, the cards are really new and we haven’t had the opportunity to test them yet.  I believe the 2060 will be a good card for the software and the reviews and benchmarks I’ve seen have it rated 8 out of 10 or better so they seem to back that up.  As long as Nvidia keeps up with the drivers it should be a sweet card for a while to come.

Hope that helps with the choice.

Neil

• April 8, 2019 at 11:27 am #233537
      Jessica Almburg
      Participant

Great thanks Neil. That is what we ended up going with so hopefully this new computer will solve some of my problems.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.