NEW UPDATE REVIEW

• November 21, 2022 at 3:26 pm #379464
      Robin Hernon
      Participant

I installed the newest version of 2020 Design about a week and a half ago, and can honestly say I do not recommend updating at this time. We use a title block that we’ve embedded into the program, and it’s worked fine up until this last update. Now, it takes me about 18 seconds to load a drawing page. It’s ridiculous. I’ve also had more crashes in the past week and a half than I’ve had in the last year. These bugs need to be fixed as soon as possible, it’s creating a lag in my efficiency that I’m not at all comfortable with.

• November 22, 2022 at 11:34 am #379515
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Robin,

I apologize that you’ve been having a hard time with this past update. What exactly is the issue with the title block?

I’ve created a custom drawing layout in design and I don’t seem to be having any issues or lags with loading it to a design so I’m not sure why it is taking long on your end for it to load. I would suggest to contact our support department so we could get connected to find out why it is taking long to load.

Regarding the crashing issues, I would again suggest to contact us so our support department can connect with you to determine what the issues are and correct them. You can reach us by calling 1.866.697.2020.

Regards,

Kris

• December 1, 2022 at 7:20 am #417093
        Robin Hernon
        Participant

Hello,

It’s not so much the customization of the drawing layout page, it’s the title block itself. Even edited, the 2020 title block does not afford us the room we need to add all the info we like to see on our drawings. Due to that, we’ve created our own .dvt file and embedded it within the clipart portion of 2020 as a title block. That is what’s giving us a fit. However, I will say, before I even get to the drawing layout page, there are times it crashes on me for no apparent reason. I don’t put extra items in for rendering purposes, 9 times out of 10, we really just need line drawings. So I’m not rendering a bunch of little items or anything odd, and it’s still giving me trouble. Until they get these bugs fixed, I recommend staying with the older versions.

• November 30, 2022 at 8:22 pm #417085
      Mazzi Jayson
      Participant

great review, perfect

• December 1, 2022 at 12:31 am #417090
      Julian Clash
      Participant

Thanks for the update, I was looking for it

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.