Release Highlights

• Recovery files are more accessible
      • Post your 360 panoramic views on Facebook
      • Optimization of Performance in 2020 Cloud and File Recovery

Thanks

• November 12, 2018 at 3:52 pm #215281
      Alan ryner
      Participant

Since downloading and using 11.11 we are experiencing lots of crashes of 2020 and lots of recovery files. We never had any issues with 11.10 the previous version

Alan House of Kitchens

• November 12, 2018 at 3:54 pm #215282
      Edith
      Participant

Hi Alan

It will very interesting to connect so we can better triage the crash.

Can you send me your contact information at ResidentialSupport@2020spaces.com

Edith

• November 13, 2018 at 4:04 pm #215499
      Leo
      Participant

Have to agree. 11.11.3 regular crashes. Just crashed 4 times while trying to save. Get Runtime error then total crash. Have to reboot computer in order to use program again

• November 13, 2018 at 4:23 pm #215500
      Edith
      Participant

Hi Leo

Please send us your information so we can contact you and quicker help you to resolve this issue.

Waiting to hear from you !

ResidentialSupport@2020spaces.com

Edith

• November 13, 2018 at 6:58 pm #215501
      Tiffany Reposa
      Participant

I just downloaded the new 11.11.3 version and now all of my COMMON textures are missing.  How do I retrieve these?

Thank you,

Tiffany Reposa

• November 16, 2018 at 12:50 pm #216233
      Edith
      Participant

Hi Tiffany

This is weird, definitely something went wrong during the installation.

You are welcome to contact us so we can verify what happened and resolve it for you!
      1-866-697-2020

Edith

• November 16, 2018 at 12:59 pm #216234
      Mike Cook
      Participant

<b>I have also had lots of crashes. I went back to 11.10.1.1 I see that V 11.11.3.1.1  is no longer on the 2020 support page. I liked the measurement fix, when will V 11.11 be re-released? </b>

• November 16, 2018 at 1:31 pm #216258
      Edith
      Participant

Hi Mike

Yes, We got feedback from users regarding this crash so the team is validating the reports that we have receive so far.

I will be sharing an update on this shortly !

Edith

• November 19, 2018 at 1:17 pm #216661
      Anthony Johnson
      Participant

Hi,
      Apart from the crashes, there are a few more issues. Catalog manager is at its lowest ever! I can’t rename catalogs anymore. he only available catalogs to rename are the generic that comes with 2020. Can 2020 please expedite the correction of this?

Thanks!

• November 19, 2018 at 1:57 pm #216662
      George
      2020 Admin

Hello Anthony,

To our knowledge there are no reports of this issue occurring. The only reason we are aware of is that certain catalogs are protected by the catalog creators. If you are running the most recent release, we would recommend contacting an agent directly to confirm if this is the case.

Thank you

• November 19, 2018 at 2:20 pm #216663
      Anthony Johnson
      Participant

I have been using 2020 for some time now but I have never come across this hitch. Also, I have attached an image showing a new error message when trying to use custom materials.

Let me know if you have a possible solution.

Thanks

Attachments:
    • November 19, 2018 at 3:23 pm #216674
      George
      2020 Admin

Looks like something may be wrong with one of the texture files that was imported.  Contact us at  866-697-2020 so we can verify which texture may be prompting the message.

• November 19, 2018 at 5:37 pm #216690
      Edith
      Participant

Hello Guys

We have made available a Hotfix for 11.11.3.1 to correct the Pure Virtual function call error when closing a design file.

We deeply apologies for this inconvenience.

Your feedback is important to us, please keep it coming!

Click  here to download the Hotfix.

Edith

• November 20, 2018 at 12:05 am #216698
      Jonothan Desimini
      Participant

I’ve had the same problem but perhaps I can better explain. I’ve noticed in catalog manager sometimes when starting up it will only have the Room, DFM, Plumbing, Sample  etc Generic catalogs listed. Nothing else. And then I’ll close the program and restart (or go to task manager and make sure I’ve quit all the Design applications / services and then try again. 1 out of 3 times I’m not getting the full list of catalogs that were installed. I was figuring it might be a registry thing but nope that didn’t work. I even went and reinstalled and started from scratch and installed each of my 40 something catalogs to see if maybe the update messed the transfer from 11.10 but no. After 6 hours of installing the catalogs still have the same problem.

Seems like an error in the software itself.  I’ll try to post a screen shot.

• November 20, 2018 at 12:13 am #216699
      Jonothan Desimini
      Participant

Here are the screenshots. Notice the clock at the bottom right of the screen.

• November 20, 2018 at 8:22 am #216740
      George
      2020 Admin

Thank you for the detailed update and screen caps Jonathan. Very much appreciated.

On our end rest assured we will attempt to repro and report it for immediate attention.

• November 20, 2018 at 9:24 am #216741
      Anthony Johnson
      Participant

To be honest with u, I don’t think so. However, I will try to call.

• November 23, 2018 at 5:01 pm #217461
      Edith
      Participant

Hello Everyone !

Version 11.11.3 is available for download.

We have addressed the issue reported “Pure Virtual Function Call”.

We deeply apologize for this inconvenience .

If you have any question please, do not hesitate to let us know.

residentialsupport@2020spaces.com

The 2020 Team

• November 26, 2018 at 6:07 pm #217665

I’m confused. You release a patch for 11.11.3.1 to fix the mentioned issue and now say that you have released 11.11.3.1 with an included fix? The version on 2020.net appears to be identical to the bugged version that was available 2 weeks ago and has the same version number.

Isn’t it normal practice to increase the version number after ANY changes?

• November 27, 2018 at 12:21 am #217666
      Jonothan Desimini
      Participant

I have to agree with Mike. I was confused myself so when you made the announcement the other day and saw the same number I went ahead and completely uninstalled, re-deownloaded 11.11.3.1 and installed 2020 fresh. Wanted to be sure that there wasn’t any files or issues that were in conflict. But I was surprised the number wasn’t changed.

Further – the disappearing and reappearing catalogs are still occuring with this new version as shown in my post above. This was not the case in 11.10. Hopefully it’s been listed as a bug/issue and is being worked on?

Thanks so much!

• November 27, 2018 at 10:55 am #217680
      Edith
      Participant

Hi Mike, Jonathan !

Ideally the product number should be progressive I agree, helps internally providing a better control because of the sequence on release numbers.

At this time between the Hotfix & the version the time was too short so we took that approach looking to impact the less possible our customers.

Customers that have installed 11.11, can install the Hotfix without any problem.

Also, regarding the issue that you mention with the catalogs disappearing this is a declared defect and it should definitely be addressed on a future release!

Thank you guys for your feedback !

Edith

• November 27, 2018 at 8:40 pm #217818

Tongue very firmly in cheek:

😎

• November 28, 2018 at 4:27 pm #218095
      Lisa Rendueles
      Participant

I just tried to install (and uninstall/reinstall) 11.11.  I keep getting “failed to create empty document” error, both when opening 2020, and when trying to open an existing design file.

I’m dead in the water….HALP!

• November 28, 2018 at 5:01 pm #218124
      Edith
      Participant

Hi Lisa

Something does not seem right perhaps during the install a dll may have been removed by the antivirus. We can assist you with that no problem.

Send us your contact information at residentialsupport@2020spaces.com

Edith

• November 29, 2018 at 9:00 am #218125
      Lisa Rendueles
      Participant

Thanks, Edith.  I ended up calling tech support last night, and they jumped on my computer and fixed it.

• November 29, 2018 at 9:37 am #218126
      Edith
      Participant

Hi Lisa !

I am glad to hear that, thank you for letting me know !

Cheers!

Edith

• November 29, 2018 at 10:57 am #218180
      Gwen Rathman
      Participant

Just installed 2020 V11.11.3.1

The cloud browser will not load. It just has the spinning dial like it is waiting to connect/load.

Any help would be appreciated.

• November 29, 2018 at 12:41 pm #218239
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Gwen,

That issue is addressed in the Knowledge Base article 2020 2020 Cloud Dialog Box Keeps Spinning After You Have Entered Your Email and Password to Launch 2020 Design

If you download the tool that clears your 2020 cache files 2020 Clear Cloud Cache and run it it should resolve the issue.

Thank you

Neil

• December 4, 2018 at 4:54 pm #219391
      Alan ryner
      Participant

Hi All,

I am hesitant to download 11.11 again as I had all sorts of crashes with it previously whats everyone’s thoughts should I bight the bullet and try again?

Alan House of Kitchens

• December 4, 2018 at 5:37 pm #219393
      Edith
      Participant

Hi Alan

The issue that we had with error R6025 causing the program to crash was addressed on this version!

If you would like better contact us so we can clarify any other question that you may have.

Edith

• December 20, 2018 at 10:50 am #221423
      JASON BURMEISTER
      Participant

Do you have auto save (now called file recovery) on? I know that auto save feature is a major issue when it comes to crashes and file corruption with 2020. When you update 2020 it gets reset and you have to go back and uncheck it.

• December 21, 2018 at 10:31 am #221597
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Jason,

Disabling the the autosave can be helpful in certain instances but over all I would recommend leaving it on.  The number of times I’ve been able to recover a client’s file from the .bak is incrementally greater than the number of times I’ve seen issues with the autosave.

Using the incremental save feature or just saving 2 or 3 versions of a file and rotating through them when you save remains the best way to insure your files are there when you want them 🙂

Neil

• January 3, 2019 at 7:09 pm #222344
      David Musacchio
      Participant

We recently upgraded our computers and I am still having several crashes with the 11.11.3.1 version.  The tech guys made sure we have way more memory and graphics card than recommended so that shouldn’t be the issue.  Crashed on me 3 times yesterday and a couple times today.  About 10 times in the last week or so total.

• January 3, 2019 at 7:36 pm #222345

More info would be handy – see if there is a pattern to the crashes – what specifically are you doing when it crashes or is it random?

What is the spec of the computer including the graphics card – posting a Speccy (free software) capture would be helpful.

Just FYI, I find that my Radeon graphics card causes way more crashes than the Nvidia users I support.

General fixes to try (in order) are:
      Ensure that graphics driver is latest WHQL version.
      Use 2020 Maintenance Tools to clean temporary files.
      Use 2020 Maintenance tools to reset 2020 registry and re-input preferences.
      Uninstall any bloatware on computer (includes McAfee and Norton antivirus to name a few).
      Ensure that you have the minimum number of programs running in the background (have a look at your taskbar notification area (usually on the right) – if you have more than 10 items, you may wish to consider getting rid of anything non-essential.
      Install and run CCleaner registry cleanup.

Hope this helps.

• January 4, 2019 at 9:49 am #222474
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Once again, what Mike said!  Thanks Mike 🙂

David, I would recommend giving the support line a call at 1-866-697-2020 and having one of our techs take a look at the system.  They will be able to check error logs, hardware and other stuff and narrow down the reasons for the issues.

Neil

• January 4, 2019 at 11:25 am #222603
      David Musacchio
      Participant

We have NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3gb graphics card.

The crashes mainly happen when I pull up designs I started on the old computer, using same version of 2020, and switched them to the new catalog names.  After I switch catalogs is when it crashes.  It seems to do it more on the larger designs.  Especially if I have any of the 2020 deco items, like vanity mirrors, in the design.  Even before we switched computers it seemed I always had issues with them.  SketchUp items always had issues so I don’t use them unless I have to so the customer can see a particular appliance if I don’t have the catalogs downloaded.

I’ll try and find time to call the support line.  I tried to do the live chat yesterday but was told no rep available after waiting in the que for 15-20 minutes and was the next one up.

• January 4, 2019 at 11:33 am #222604
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hey David,

That’s a good card.  Cloud items are still being optimized so if you have a bunch in a design you can end up with memory issues.

I apologize for support queue during the holidays.  We are a little light on staff until next week.  Also the best route to support is always to call us.  🙂

Neil

• January 4, 2019 at 6:10 pm #222715
      Greg Woodrow
      Participant

The only work around is to close Catalog Manager then open it. Then you,ll be able to see all your catalogs and rename them.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.